* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:16 pm 

Malidar wrote:
llowyn wrote:
Malidar wrote:
WTF?????

FIX BIBIKI BAY from crashing every 30 mins, and itll open up 'new' camps... fix what you break before you break more things Nas...

We love you, but damn, priorities...

How is Bibiki Bay crashing every 30 minutes? Genuinely curious. o.o

After 20 sync update, it has been crashing every 20min-1hr or so.
Entire zone crashes and resets all players.
Someone has speculated it's when a player exits Rivenera Site A01, but who knows.

Seems Nas should fix the 4 camps in that zone from crashing before making new updates.

Link from previous thread on this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1708

I experienced a few crashes during a party last night in Bibiki Bay, so now I get you. I was in the party for about.. mm.. 3 hours, and there were 2 crashes.

From my experience, Bibiki Bay has always been somewhat unstable, but you're right, it does seem to be more prone to crashing now than it used to. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:21 pm 

Considering nostalgia of CoP era is a major point of the server... it makes no sense to me why you would alter every mob's level which would shift the camps EVERYONE is used to going to. I understand why he thought to do it but not sure it'll achieve what he wants.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:51 pm 

begbie1 wrote:
Considering nostalgia of CoP era is a major point of the server... it makes no sense to me why you would alter every mob's level which would shift the camps EVERYONE is used to going to. I understand why he thought to do it but not sure it'll achieve what he wants.

It's definitely a strange fix. There are a lot of other things that are broken like I've mentioned in my previous posts. Broken mob TP spam is by far the WORST element of this server. It ruins a MASSIVE amount of camps. A lot of the players are already 60+, leveled easy when the 20 sync wasn't in, or new players so you don't see much coverage on it. Once you hit around 45+ and get a group of 5-6 people beating on a single mob you will see that you basically can't fight in a lot of old popular areas (Some areas are not broken). Crabs cause they do defensive shell every 2 seconds. Flies spam cursed sphere. Goblins bomb toss every 2-5 seconds. Lizards fire blech or petrify or do block head every 2-5 seconds. Even some of the 'easy' camps spam, like Toramas. Our WHM was clearing Petrify/Silence off our PLD and it's basically all he could do. You're forced to fight mobs like Giant Bats or Pugils because their spams are either not broken or are weaker compared to everything else. This game has crabs to 75 but it certainly does not have Giant Bats or Pugil camps to 75 or they are good for 1 group.

/rantoff

I have a lot of love for this server which is why I've been posting.. I see a lot of people coming and going but once that Dunes honeymoon phase wears off people will start to see the more glaring problems. If the TP issue was fixed there would be very little to complain about; at least you could actually find camps and explore areas but instead you gotta be like "Ok so lets check these 5 monster groups off our exp list cause they're not worth our time or will kill us instantly." -_-

I've tried bringing this up in IRC NasChat and in the world. I'm a bit preachy about it because I want more peoples attention on it but I have yet to get an official response.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm 

Partied off beetles in West Aletpa was ok, but their TP moves aren't very mean. Soloing BLM I haven't noticed a huge difference. Right now I'm taking the stance that once new camps are found and recorded things should level out, but changing peoples camp locations is hard for some people to grasp. The TP spam I would expect should scale with monster level, but I've only exped for about 6 hours since the change at minimal camps.

I am hearing less people complain about EXP camps now that a few have been discovered. Either people are finding new camps or the vocal people in the LS aren't playing (I'm thinking some combination of both).

If everyone does there part, and updates the party cap locations on WikiNas when you find a good camp range, then new players will have the resources to progress further with less frustration. I've been trying to update some pages on WikiNas (OWNMs, Events), but it is a big task that would be easier/faster with more people involved. If you don't get how to write an article, or aren't PC savvy, then sent me a PM, or /tell, and i'll help update the WikiNas.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:30 pm 

StickyWicket wrote:
Partied off beetles in West Aletpa was ok, but their TP moves aren't very mean. Soloing BLM I haven't noticed a huge difference. Right now I'm taking the stance that once new camps are found and recorded things should level out, but changing peoples camp locations is hard for some people to grasp. The TP spam I would expect should scale with monster level, but I've only exped for about 6 hours since the change at minimal camps.

I am hearing less people complain about EXP camps now that a few have been discovered. Either people are finding new camps or the vocal people in the LS aren't playing (I'm thinking some combination of both).

If everyone does there part, and updates the party cap locations on WikiNas when you find a good camp range, then new players will have the resources to progress further with less frustration. I've been trying to update some pages on WikiNas (OWNMs, Events), but it is a big task that would be easier/faster with more people involved. If you don't get how to write an article, or aren't PC savvy, then sent me a PM, or /tell, and i'll help update the WikiNas.

I wouldn't mind even making an external site like Campsitarus for our changes.

Google Sites has a new What-you-see/what you get tool that is fairly easy. Plus you can select to omit the site from being searchable.

- I mocked this up in about less than 20 minutes. You just pick a template / upload pictures and type info out. https://sites.google.com/view/nascamp (check out 10+ for a rough template)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:17 pm 

Cyralx wrote:
- I mocked this up in about less than 20 minutes. You just pick a template / upload pictures and type info out. https://sites.google.com/view/nascamp (check out 10+ for a rough template)

I love this! This would be such a great resource if it were completed and kept updated. Can it be set like the wiki so that others can contribute?

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:20 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Cyralx wrote:

I love this! This would be such a great resource if it were completed and kept updated. Can it be set like the wiki so that others can contribute?

Yes it can but if the format / template was kept like that then people would have to adhere to the style of it or it would just be a mess.

I can add editors/creators to it simply by adding in emails. I can look into making it open as well..maybe its an option.

**EDIT** I made it 'open permissions'. Please test: https://sites.google.com/view/nascamp/home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:16 am 

Something I learned from Danganronpa: Not the strong or clever will survive, but the adapting.

That being said, the biggest problem is still the TP usage of mobs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:25 am 

Cyralx wrote:
Guedj wrote:
Cyralx wrote:

Yes it can but if the format / template was kept like that then people would have to adhere to the style of it or it would just be a mess.

I can add editors/creators to it simply by adding in emails. I can look into making it open as well..maybe its an option.

**EDIT** I made it 'open permissions'. Please test: https://sites.google.com/view/nascamp/home

Awesome site man!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:50 am 

Skerxan wrote:
That being said, the biggest problem is still the TP usage of mobs.

you're not wrong, current mob behavior is nothing like retail is or ever was.

..I suspect the change to force mobs to burn their TP regardless of their HP% was done to make exping easier for the bst and smn parties that like to throw pets at goblins/bombs til they blow themselves up.

it does prevent traditional parties from exping on gobs though, which kinda sucks.