Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:53 pm 

Hello, I have a lvl 14 whm and I'm playing with a friend (15 mnk), and we just started up here on Nasomi. We don't know anyone but are very familiar with the game (I played for years on Asura). Searching for members last night didn't look promising (we just duo'd in La Theine instead) so I'm wondering what are chances are to find anyone that wants/needs to level a job in that range with us.

We are west coast and we generally only get to play at night (around 9pm - 12:00am PST -or later). Maybe some weekend afternoons... If anyone is interested, respond with your character name and job/lvl and I'll /t ya when I'm online.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 pm 

Just as a fair warning, especially since our recent server population decline, party invites really seem to slow down post 9-10pm EST. I know that doesn't bode well for a late nite PST player, but perhaps this topic will attract some fellow PST players and you could form a static ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:04 pm 

Knarlfist wrote:
Just as a fair warning, especially since our recent server population decline, party invites really seem to slow down post 9-10pm EST. I know that doesn't bode well for a late nite PST player, but perhaps this topic will attract some fellow PST players and you could form a static ;-)

Thanks for the heads up! We got that impression last night, but I'm hoping there is a rag-tag group of late night misfits to fill out the 6. Definitely wouldn't be opposed to it turning into a static either! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:42 pm 

level a few things to 15 so ya have options in dunes ^^ good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:29 pm 

disposablehero wrote:

Very good advice, level up every starter job to 15+, try and concentrate on mobs such as Bees and/or other mobs that have drops that sell decent. You will skillup and cap many categories like evasion, sword dagger axe etc, healing Enfeebling, and be well prepared to have viable subjobs ready for any job that hits 18. This also allows you to use the downtime with no party invites to pool up gil, and start getting very nice equipment.

Wish I could say the population will shoot back up soon, but not sure exactly what's driving the decline.. maybe we need Ninja to come back and stream FFXI on Twitch again >.>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:25 am 

Knarlfist wrote:
disposablehero wrote:

Very good advice, level up every starter job to 15+, try and concentrate on mobs such as Bees and/or other mobs that have drops that sell decent. You will skillup and cap many categories like evasion, sword dagger axe etc, healing Enfeebling, and be well prepared to have viable subjobs ready for any job that hits 18. This also allows you to use the downtime with no party invites to pool up gil, and start getting very nice equipment.

indeed, and thanks for the advice! although I have to admit it's kind of a hard sell to invest in leveling everything to 15 if there isn't going to be anyone around for the 15-75 part for any of them :P

We'll prob just keep messing around a few days and see if anything picks up. If any of you have any low level jobs you've been putting off leveling or whatever,
and you're online around 9pm-1am (ish) PST, look us up IGN: Ronrico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:15 pm 

I've got a lvl 18 BRD that I'd be willing to take out for a spin if I'm on and not attending an event. Search for me (west coast too) when you're on and if I'm available I'll swing by wherever you are and make sure you're supplied on food and gil for getting started, plus subjob items if needed. Parties can be tough to find at that time, but you really never know when a group's going to be xping. Weekends are often better, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:43 am 

lolBST wrote:
I've got a lvl 18 BRD that I'd be willing to take out for a spin if I'm on and not attending an event. Search for me (west coast too) when you're on and if I'm available I'll swing by wherever you are and make sure you're supplied on food and gil for getting started, plus subjob items if needed. Parties can be tough to find at that time, but you really never know when a group's going to be xping. Weekends are often better, too.

awesome! We'll look you up! Thanks for responding :D