Lobby: Up
Online: 64
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:26 am 

Kazen wrote:

Markets will correct over time. Again, being upset that the server makes changes to be era-accurate is putting the cart before the horse.

I don’t think anyone is really upset at the change itself, but rather that this change and it’s negative impact took priority over half a dozen other things that would have made the server era correct and added or fixed content that should be present.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:26 am 

King Mob wrote:
Kazen wrote:

Markets will correct over time. Again, being upset that the server makes changes to be era-accurate is putting the cart before the horse.

I don’t think anyone is really upset at the change itself, but rather that this change and it’s negative impact took priority over half a dozen other things that would have made the server era correct and added or fixed content that should be present.

Being able to print gil when you shouldn’t be able to print gil seems worthy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:39 am 

Starbright wrote:
King Mob wrote:
Kazen wrote:

are you....fishing for an argument? I mean, I might not take the bait over a discussion on 'printing gil', being that what's bolded is my main point, and I agree with that 100%. Granted I'm sure plenty of people would get hooked into reading said discussion. I'm fairly certain we would never get fatigued, and carry on for hours and hours. Wouldn't want countless people taking part in that when they could be producing goods and contributing to the economy of our fine... forums we have here.

I'm not one for conflict though. I'll go keep to myself and craft with the vast ocean of currently available ores that these fine folks are out painstakingly gathering. Sure would sell my sole to get some of these goblin helms to finally sell... guess i should pull myself up by the fieldbootstraps and supply what's needed! Can't just expect to push a button and just 'print gil' without any sort of major investment. That would be downright silly. If that were the case, surely no one would do anything but that for gil!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:54 am 

Starbright wrote:

I can't hear you over all FUCKING gil I am making

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:38 pm 

Starbright wrote:
King Mob wrote:
Kazen wrote:

This doesn’t hurt my money, it adds a few layers to some crafts and annoys. It will hurt people leveling crafts and newer players looking to sell desynthables for money at a time when the server needs new players. Fixing the vendor prices would have fixed this issue and the fishing printer at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:04 pm 

King Mob wrote:
Starbright wrote:
King Mob wrote:

This doesn’t hurt my money, it adds a few layers to some crafts and annoys. It will hurt people leveling crafts and newer players looking to sell desynthables for money at a time when the server needs new players. Fixing the vendor prices would have fixed this issue and the fishing printer at the same time.

If it doesn’t hurt your money, you were doing it wrong.

As for the dude up above, no I wasn’t fishing for an argument. You said that most people would have preferred him spend time on things that make the server more era correct and should have been present, and I was merely saying: Spending time on things like that are nice, but if you have an incorrect way to just print gil in the game... what’s the point

You can pretend like being able to spend hours making picks to make as much gil as your heart desires, without having to worry about supply and demand, was some sort of achievement.... but that would only work on people that have no idea what they’re talking about. It was idiotic that it existed, and that it took this long to fix.

Good luck with the helms.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:23 pm 

Starbright wrote:
King Mob wrote:
Starbright wrote:

As for the dude up above, no I wasn’t fishing for an argument. You said that most people would have preferred him spend time on things that make the server more era correct and should have been present, and I was merely saying: Spending time on things like that are nice, but if you have an incorrect way to just print gil FISHING in the game... what’s the point

You can pretend like being able to spend hours fishing to make as much gil as your heart desires, without having to worry about supply and demand, was some sort of achievement.... but that would only work on people that have no idea what they’re talking about. It was idiotic that fishing existed, and that it took this long to fix.

Good luck with the fishing.

Here, i'll hold your hand through my wit and sarcasm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:06 pm 

Demonknightx wrote:
Starbright wrote:
King Mob wrote:

As for the dude up above, no I wasn’t fishing for an argument. You said that most people would have preferred him spend time on things that make the server more era correct and should have been present, and I was merely saying: Spending time on things like that are nice, but if you have an incorrect way to just print gil FISHING in the game... what’s the point

You can pretend like being able to spend hours fishing to make as much gil as your heart desires, without having to worry about supply and demand, was some sort of achievement.... but that would only work on people that have no idea what they’re talking about. It was idiotic that fishing existed, and that it took this long to fix.

Good luck with the fishing.

Here, i'll hold your hand through my wit and sarcasm.

Pretending fishing and the pick market are comparable isn’t wit and sarcasm, it’s outright stupidity lol.

Go tell the Smithers that were spamming the picks for hours a day the good news: that they can actually just start fishing, see how that goes.

Good luck with that. Oh well. Thanks Nas! Good luck everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:27 pm 

Starbright wrote:

Pretending fishing and the pick market are comparable isn’t wit and sarcasm, it’s outright stupidity lol.

Go tell the fishermen that were spamming swords and soles for hours a day the good news: that they can actually just start mining, see how that goes.

Good luck with that. Oh well. Thanks Nas! Good luck everyone.

You're right. not comparable at all. Good thing I'm here to talk about the entire aspect of crafting called desynthesis and not about NPCing a few items.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:56 pm 

Cool, so if were just talking about desynthesis then we can pack it up and call it a day because it's now retail accurate

thread over let's all go home now

http://rfklinkshell.com/