How to get T1 pops
Zeni 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Gil 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
ISP/Coins 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Farm Pops 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 20
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:02 pm 

Gathered the 3 trophies to pop reacton tonight. You need to fight the correct ZNM on the path to get the next tier pop, I doubt bringing mamool path drops to troll path will work.
Went 1/2 on Ob 1/1 on Claret 1/2 on Brass Borer. took the 3 Individual trophies to to Reacton and traded them too the ???
Not much of a test but by that drop rate i'd say your looking somewhere between 40-60% drop rate on trophies.
T1 also have a chance of dropping a single pop item to pop a T2 we got 1 on that run, so would be less than 20%
Was a fun eve doing them, going through halvung was fun experience bit of an adventure, some nice changes in there wont spoil the supprises.

Price wise it cost me 500k to pop that Reacton, meaning looking around 1.5m to pop a T3, not sure if you can get a single T3 pop from a T2. Would be a nice bonus.
Means your looking around 3-4.5mil for a T4.

Currently where the server is at i feel like its over priced, but need more ZNM to do more testing. So i'll save that convo for another day.
Looking forward to doing more, if you got any pop drop results post below and we can hopefully get it too where it needs to be.

Last edited by Nidu on Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:30 am 

I'd much rather see a different solution instead of using Gil to buy the first T1 pop item, i feel Gil is such a quick solution too not using Zeni that creates the same cycle that this server has gone though before. Where theres Gil there is always problems for the server and Nas.

Say all ZNM gets implimented fully and the idea of buying and collecting pops works pretty well. I feel people are not going have the money to fully play it and enjoy it, which is pretty shit. were talking 9-15mil for a potiental PW. I got no idea how much gil is left on the server from the 200 IP still playing. Can't count people that are not here anymore.

I'd personally like to see the idea of trading of a non tradable item or stack for a T1 pop, farm from each of the Path areas; Mamool (mamook), Troll (halvung), Lamia (Arrapago Reef) representing each path. Take a few mates out farm some pops have a laugh, make the world feel more alive. Not just sitting in towns crafting and farming ssg gil. Can already do that with Sky Sea and Limbus.

Let bounce some ideas here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:15 am 

Trading ISP would be a good alternative to gil.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:23 am 

Yeah really not looking forward to having to spend time and gil to re-obtain gear I already had. 100K for a T1 pop is way too much given how many you'll need to buy to get T3 drops, and that's assuming the thing you even want drops. Potentially millions just to get gear I already spent time getting. Removing gear people already have isn't going to get more people to come play here, its just going to tick off some of the people who already do, what is the point? I'm supposed to be thrilled that I have to go spend time and money I don't have a lot of re-obtaining my Avocat Pigaches? No, I'm annoyed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:43 am 

Imo leave it alone for now and let him work on more content. 100k per pop isn't too much when you think about how many people were doing 200k for dynamis daily.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:19 pm 

Yeah 100% finish it, in 21 days PW might be a thing. Drop it back down to 50k a pop while work is in progress get people testing drop rates out. T1 and T2 gear is pretty optional and only a couple of good pieces out of the 18 ZNM. T3 is where the loot starts to pick up, and you would of spent a nice amount of gil to potientially get that drop.

But this gil for a pop idea is a boring, half baked, 1 dimentional, cop out substitution for Zeni. Guess it'll give RMT something to do again on the server.

I did some research this morning and expanded on the idea of farming T1 pops and came up with potienal mobs you could farm, trying to make sure there are plenty of mobs in their path enviroment that are a decent lvl that are somehow connected to the T1 ZNM, this is what i came up with.

Mamool Ja Path

Chamrosh- Floral Nectar
Colibri (Mamook Lvl 70-71) 14 spawns (16mins respawn)
or
Greater Colibri (Bhaflau Thickets 81-82) 21 spawns (5mins) Retail merit xp mobs

Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon – Rodent cheese
Qiqirn Mosstrooper (Aydeewa Subterrane lvl 73-75) 9 spawns (16min)
Or
Qiqirn Archaeologist (Aydeewa Subterrane Lvl 73-75) 24 spawns (16mins)

Valpangue – Hellcage Butterfly
Sea Puk (Mamook lvl 76-78) 12 spawns (16mins)

Troll Path

Brass Borer – Shadeleaf
Wamouracampa (Halvung 73-76) 24 spawns (16mins)
or
Wamoura Prince (Mount Zhayolm lvl 79-81) 39 spawns? (5mins)

Claret – Pectin
Mountain Clot (Mount Zhayolm lvl 72-75) 24 spawns (5mins)

Ob - Cog Lubricant
Troll Machinist (Halvung Lvl 78 – 81) 10 spawns (16mins)

Lamia Path

Velionis – Golden Teeth
Draugar Servant (Caedarva Mire lvl 79) 13 spawns (5mins)
Or
Draugar Servant (Arrapago Reed lvl 79-81) 36 spawns (16min)

Chigre – Spoilt blood
Chigoe (Bhaflau Thickets/Wajaom woodlands lvl 71-73) 5 spawns each (5mins)

Lil’ Apkallu – Greenling
Emperor Apkallu (Arrapago Reef lvl 81-83) 14 Spawns (16mins)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:54 pm 

Could do imperial coins instead of Gil/ISP. Best of both worlds.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:01 pm 

Stonymonk wrote:

I agree, this would be the best solution to gaining the pop sets imo. We all remember having to farm the soul plates to increase Zeni in retail, I'm not sure if these are even coded or an option? Therefore, ISP would be the more favourable currency.

This option would also see an increase in players exp/meriting in ToAU areas (which lets face it seems to be Nasomi's focus) to increase individual balances.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:17 pm 

Eucleides wrote:
Stonymonk wrote:

I agree, this would be the best solution to gaining the pop sets imo. We all remember having to farm the soul plates to increase Zeni in retail, I'm not sure if these are even coded or an option? Therefore, ISP would be the more favourable currency.

This option would also see an increase in players exp/meriting in ToAU areas (which lets face it seems to be Nasomi's focus) to increase individual balances.

Juniorweiss wrote:
Could do imperial coins instead of Gil/ISP. Best of both worlds.

Good alternatives, How much ISP/Coins would a pop cost?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:31 pm 

In my opinion 500k for a T2 pop item is too much. Someone told me yesterday that znm was made for the casual player, and he is right. That's why SE made you go out and take pictures. I would love to see this like in retail. It goes in line with the vision of making this server like the one we enjoyed in retail (at a certain time). I don't agree with ISP, because I hope in some point of time we will get to use them in ISNM. Also, theres the problem of how to value the price of pop items. If you are going that way, I'd say make them cost a minimum (which is difficult, even value stuff in real life is difficult) and then let the market set prices.