Lobby: Up
Online: 63
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:12 pm 

Hello everyone! Like everyone here I'm looking for easy/effective ways to make money. Some quested scrolls like Utsusemi: Ichi, Teleports, Drain seem like a great way to make some extra gil (300k+), but after using the scroll on my main and alt I can't start the quest again?? I really would like to spend all of my time farming these. How did these players manage to do this (see attached)? .....
Attachment:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG [ 52.7 KiB | Viewed 6294 times ]

.../sarcasm off ... Before I jump into accusatory remarks let's say MAYBE a RL friend or two started playing, they were convinced to spend all of their time earning fame and trading their main/alt scrolls to these people before quitting.. a few times? Totally possible but likely not the case. Exhibit B, open up "Player Age" in the early AM hours to find a list of 2-3 month old accounts, all level 75 and clearly being "funded" by someone. Totally possible there are 3 people that created a main/alt on exactly the same day and run an exp/farm/CoP/ZM static. How about the half dozen or so times I have come across SSG farmers with their mule at Norg entrance? Or another 75 account? I suppose it's plausible these folks dragged a friend into standing at Norg zone for hours zoning in and out. We all know this is probably not the case...

I could share several more examples of the same kind of account-sharing/burner account usage. In all of these cases it is getting really frustrating. The cheats are more egregious than ever and make no effort to hide it now. Before one might have argued it kept the economy going or whatever. But as these cheats operate with impunity it's getting harder to play the game fairly when the odds are always stacked against us. I know these few examples probably do not meet the burden of proof required to ban someone outright, but I'm hoping this provides enough for Nas to take a closer look at what's going on in some groups. Feel free to share any other examples.

Attachments:
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG [ 63.58 KiB | Viewed 6294 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:29 pm 

a nasomi classic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:23 pm 

You just made me realize something about mules. If mules are supposed to be restricted to the towns, then all the mules people leave in the dunes to sell stuff is against the rules, right? If so, then all the mules that are in the dunes are fair game for a ban, right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:40 pm 

Tensho wrote:
You just made me realize something about mules. If mules are supposed to be restricted to the towns, then all the mules people leave in the dunes to sell stuff is against the rules, right? If so, then all the mules that are in the dunes are fair game for a ban, right?

• Each person will be permitted a maximum of ONE forum account, which can contain up to 3 game accounts, each with ONE character on them. The 3rd account will be limited to level 10 and is restricted to towns only.
• The use of more than three characters, of which the 3rd will be restricted to city/boat zones only.

I think it is potentially a gray area if you read both points I copied/pasted mentioning mules. Is there a way to reach level 10 without leaving a town? I interpret the second point above as "if you are logged into both your main and alt, your mule cannot be outside a city or boat". So theoretically, I think it could be ban-able. In the point I raised regarding SSG farming- it is most definitely an unfair advantage and clearly violates the second point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:55 pm 

Tensho wrote:

not really, if nasomi wanted em to move to jeuno, they would, otherwise they be staying there because its much more convenient.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:46 am 

AmusedCookie wrote:
Tensho wrote:

• Each person will be permitted a maximum of ONE forum account, which can contain up to 3 game accounts, each with ONE character on them. The 3rd account will be limited to level 10 and is restricted to towns only.
• The use of more than three characters, of which the 3rd will be restricted to city/boat zones only.

I think it is potentially a gray area if you read both points I copied/pasted mentioning mules. Is there a way to reach level 10 without leaving a town? I interpret the second point above as "if you are logged into both your main and alt, your mule cannot be outside a city or boat". So theoretically, I think it could be ban-able. In the point I raised regarding SSG farming- it is most definitely an unfair advantage and clearly violates the second point.

So about the mule being in ssg, nasomi might do something about it, but he would need to specifically say that it's not okay and make a post/comment about it, otherwise people will continue to do it. I'm sure some people will see norg as a town/village and the mule is just getting some fresh air by stepping outside.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:50 pm 

It's pretty obviously, something thats not allowed.

so is using 3rd chars to spot cerb/khim/hydra/jorm, but yall do that anyway lmao

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:19 am 

Trist wrote:
It's pretty obviously, something thats not allowed.

so is using 3rd chars to spot cerb/khim/hydra/jorm, but yall do that anyway lmao

I think I know what you're hinting at. I don't do that and I want to make that absolutely clear. I'm not dumb enough to risk my account for that. There are for sure people who do that regardless of how many times they've been told to stop. But I don't care if they get banned.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:39 am 

Well this is eye opening. Lame as heck to cheat and it ruins the economy, might be Legit I guess though . Maybe nas will see this post . Thanks for showing us this cookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:30 pm 

Mathrandir1 wrote:
Well this is eye opening. Lame as heck to cheat and it ruins the economy, might be Legit I guess though . Maybe nas will see this post . Thanks for showing us this cookie

Oh my sweet summer child :lol: