Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:48 pm 

There is a few things i've found lately that are era appropriate and would benefit from being added and work on other private servers but not here. First something relatively simple being silk caterpillar.

checked another private server by going to its spawn location (at like 300% run speed -dumb!) and he spawned at the times he was supposed to and stayed up for some time but it's still broken here, this server is more about the leveling and the journey so this kind of thing would be more beneficial here.

And also Dynamis lord apparently doesn't work on nasomi either even though he's worked elsewhere for some time.

I looked up some youtube videos and there is at least 2 other private servers where he works.

So yeah it would be cool if this kind of thing could be added to Nasomi. This server rocks and would like to see it continue to grow!

Last edited by xandman on Sun May 08, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:11 pm 

^ lol.

But seriously, if Nas's first instinct were to ban, I'd already be gone. I've been guilty of the infraction multiple times (I keep forgetting he doesn't want us talking publicly about this stuff).

Xand, a word to the wise. Nas does not like us talking publicly about the coding/dsp etc. Best bet on something like this is to keep it VERY general ("Can we get Silk Caterpillar/Dyna SL plz?" without coding/dsp specifics).

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:37 pm 

Kalarion wrote:
^ lol.

But seriously, if Nas's first instinct were to ban, I'd already be gone. I've been guilty of the infraction multiple times (I keep forgetting he doesn't want us talking publicly about this stuff).

Xand, a word to the wise. Nas does not like us talking publicly about the coding/dsp etc. Best bet on something like this is to keep it VERY general ("Can we get Silk Caterpillar/Dyna SL plz?" without coding/dsp specifics).

ok cool edited the post a bit to remove coding specifics, thanks for heads up.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:32 am 

Open source dynamis lord has been working for all of a week, no surprise that's not in.

Silk caterpillar does actually spawn, but will despawn instantly. Once upon a time you could claim it with stun if you were good.
It has been has been fixed for some time, one of many such things that'll make it into production eventually I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
Just to expound a little on Silk Catepillar, I don't think its currently possible to get it to fight you. Upon claiming it with voke/charm/eagle eye shot/chainspell stonega, it depops w/ a redname. I brought an add over and timed a perfectly casted Thundaga III which also struck the Silk Catepillar as it popped and still depopped after taking 1800dmg. Trying to link it does not work either. It appears to be a 11min and 4 second repop on nasomi.

Right, so previously it was only possible to do with stun. If you stunned as the body was de-popping he would stay stunned instead of fully depopping (although he would get so close to de-popping his body was fully invisible) at which point his floating name functioned like a normal mob that could be killed. I tried to replicate this a couple of months ago and could not. It is possible game mechanics have been changed and the only way to kill him is through very well timed multible -aga spells on a Marlboro or something.