Lobby: Up
Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next
 Post subject: Re: Good about Nasomi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:49 am 

Suucat wrote:
Good: this server is the closest to what retail was... (which is also bad ._. )

the toxic endgame scene

Retail had the same problem. So does every private server. There are going to be toxic players.

I play on 3 other private servers, none of them has this problem

Try again.

No other private server has the population this one has, so there is a closer community on all those.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:24 pm 

I love the game as it was with he 75 cap.

I love that Nasomi is committed to recreating that era as closely as possible.

Did I mention I love the game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 pm 

What I like.. "classic" server with a pretty good population.
There are other servers out there but most, if not all, are have complete BS like 800% exp rate gain, start with 50M or have everything unlocked right from the start.. maybe it's just me but how is the FFXI universe any fun when everything is handed to you on a silver platter right from the first second you log in? So to me Nasomi was the logical choice.

I have not played a whole lot yet but so far the server has been very stable... once i got in and playing that is. For some reason the lobby server and me are not good friends with all kinds of connection errors and timeouts when trying to login.

Why am I reading this? Coffee break at work :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:02 pm 

This server helps me with my social anxiety/depression almost everyday (even if I am not playing I'm stalking the forums). I ran to this game when I was being bullied when I was young and it helped me escape. In recent years I have had many bad things happen that made me want to hide in vana'diel again. I was heartbroken when I came back to retail to see how gutted it was and that it was just a solo fest to endgame. I am VERY happy to be back not only in a server that reminds me of old times but to find out it has a great community behind it. Why am I reading this? I stalk forums on almost any game I love :P

Thank you Nasomi and all the great community members for making this possible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:29 pm 

Suucat wrote:
Good: this server is the closest to what retail was... (which is also bad ._. )

the toxic endgame scene

Retail had the same problem. So does every private server. There are going to be toxic players.

I play on 3 other private servers, none of them has this problem

Try again.

If the server doesn't have enough population to create a real endgame scene, it can't be toxic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 am 

Giggle wrote:
I check the forums often, sometimes daily. See a lot of complaints, almost daily. So what do you guys LIKE about the server? What keeps you coming back for more? Why are you even reading this?

IT'S FREE
I like that there are still events. There seems to always be a work in progress to improve the server/ game play. I can't imagine running a mmo server and dealing with game fixes and meta gameplay with such a low man power. Props! community has been great, a lot of folks willing to help out. My journey so far has certainly scratched the nostalgia itch and got me readdicted but that's how it goes ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:47 pm 

retail exp rate!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:18 am 

It brings me back to when I was 14 playing this game. Sure, balancing could be a thing and what not. But I am here because it feels close to what I played. I can live with it. Just fix Jinpu and we be good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:08 pm 

There's a lot to like here. Retail XP rates, working playable game that's close enough to retail to scratch the itch.

My favorite thing about it though, is that even though a lot is broken a lot is also being fixed. Just the inclusion of a handful of BCNMs was enough to make me excited, and I'e had some fun with the ones I've tried out. It's nice to see that things aren't just staying stagnant because they're 'good enough to be playable.'

Speaking of which, the population is pretty decent too. I've not had much trouble finding or building parties when the spirit moves me. I just hope it keeps growing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:25 pm 

Its bringing me back to why i loved this game. This server feels like old times to me !

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next