Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Most populated server?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:31 am 

I was looking at the server populations, and at first glance it looks like Titan is the most populated, but then there's Hydra.

Titan has a BUNCH of people 24/7 in Phanauet Channel and Bibiki Bay. Just doesn't seem like they're playing, maybe they are idk.

What are you thoughts? Is there a "main" server? Is there a chance in the future of a merger? How does it work exactly?

Also Garuda has a lot of people in dunes and qufim which makes me think YAY xp parties!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:36 am 

those are just virtual servers for the game, nasomi set it up so if a specific zone crashes it wont crash the whole game. Everyone here is on the same server single server.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:44 am 

Sly wrote:
those are just virtual servers for the game, nasomi set it up so if a specific zone crashes it wont crash the whole game. Everyone here is on the same server single server.

Ohhhh ok that's cool. Explains a lot actually ^_^ well now I just need a couple days to decide on what race to play and I'll be good to go. Thanks =)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm 

There is a 1 time race change that can be taken advantage of once a person reaches a certain point. Don't stress too much about picking your race.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:35 am 

To take advantage of the one time race change do we post here, or is there some process I'm ignorant of?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:49 am 

Oslo wrote:
To take advantage of the one time race change do we post here, or is there some process I'm ignorant of?

You have to catch Nasomi when he is online. At least thats how I understood it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:20 am 

Tantalus wrote:
I was looking at the server populations, and at first glance it looks like Titan is the most populated, but then there's Hydra.

Titan has a BUNCH of people 24/7 in Phanauet Channel and Bibiki Bay. Just doesn't seem like they're playing, maybe they are idk.

What are you thoughts? Is there a "main" server? Is there a chance in the future of a merger? How does it work exactly?

Also Garuda has a lot of people in dunes and qufim which makes me think YAY xp parties!

Related to your question: http://nasomi.com/wiki/doku.php?id=new: ... config_faq

Regional servers Nasomi is a single server that makes use of multiple server blades to help with a smooth play experience and limit crashing of the whole server.

Hope this helps!

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:43 pm 

robitussinmd wrote:
Oslo wrote:

I'll preface this with an 'I'm not complaining (too much)' statement...but you should discard the idea of ever getting a race change from your head now. I've discussed with Nasomi a few (3 times with responses from him) times in game about getting a race change, have met all the requirements in order to get one forever...but it has never happened, and I don't imagine it ever will. Don't want or plan on getting one at this point because I've resigned myself to the fact it won't happen, and have leveled different jobs based on this knowledge.

Anyways, all of this just to say - don't expect it...he'll try to talk you out of it, followed by never doing it rather than conform to the rules he set.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 pm 

Esselsis wrote:
robitussinmd wrote:
Oslo wrote:

I'll preface this with an 'I'm not complaining (too much)' statement...but you should discard the idea of ever getting a race change from your head now. I've discussed with Nasomi a few (3 times with responses from him) times in game about getting a race change, have met all the requirements in order to get one forever...but it has never happened, and I don't imagine it ever will. Don't want or plan on getting one at this point because I've resigned myself to the fact it won't happen, and have leveled different jobs based on this knowledge.

Anyways, all of this just to say - don't expect it...he'll try to talk you out of it, followed by never doing it rather than conform to the rules he set.

See more on Know Your Meme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:42 pm 

Yo,
I'm just trying to share my actual in game experience with what these new players are asking about. I'm fine being trapped in my current race, the only real complaint is that changes are always talked about, or said to be available - up until you actually want to cash in....at which point you could very likely be met with inaction by the party able to make the change. If I were truly butt hurt over Nasomi's inability to always be true to his word, then I would have left after Aht Urgan was given up on. However that's not the case, I know Nasomi can't do everything, let alone all by himself. I'm still around, playing, and enjoying what Nasomi does provide ~which I'm grateful for, because even with its shortcomings it's still better than any alternative around. I'm simply trying to let the new players know what they can expect without being criticized for doing so Giggle, so in the future try not to be such a douche.