Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Jeuno OP warp
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 pm 

I set my hp in jeuno. I have my airship pass when I need to travel to town, i can easily hit all 3 in 15 minutes. 20+ parties are easier to get to from jeuno in almost all circumstances. I think level sync is probably the single biggest cause for people to not set their hp in jeuno.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 pm 

Drink Pepsi wrote:
20+ parties are easier to get to from jeuno in almost all circumstances. I think level sync is probably the single biggest cause for people to not set their hp in jeuno.

I totally disagree, when I first joined Nasomi I lived in Jeuno not because it was easier to get to parties but because it was the least worst option if you don't have OP warps. As a player from Windurst I just didn't have access to most of the OP's that were popular party locations above level 20. I would often be one of the first people invited (this is when I was leveling bard) and I would often start heading to the camp even before the party was full because if I didn't the whole party would be waiting for me to arrive. And depending on the party location they might be waiting 10-15 minutes.

I can only think of one +level 20 camp location that is really better served from starting in Jeuno vs OP warp and that is Garlaige Citadel. And that is mostly because you have a chocobo ride where you can't get aggro on the way there.

Even in the case of Qufim which is directly connected to Jeuno. All of the camps are at the end of a long tunnel full a sound aggro on level 19-27 players. Followed by the need to cross through several open areas with sight and sound aggro. If you are level 20 and you OP you can likely get to camp with a single oil and powder since you should only have to cross a single open area. But if you come from Jeuno you are going to need several oils and likely 2 powders. And it's far more risky because of the need to reapply multiple times.

It's not level sync, it's just that going to a camp from Jeuno is bad for anyone that has OP's. It's better than staying in the starting city for sure but not by much and can be worse in a few cases.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:58 pm 

Nas has started seriously discussing the potential of adding an OP warp in Jeuno yesterday. He's going to check if it's even possible today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 am 

Nabutso wrote:
Not happening.

Nabutso wrote:
the reason it's not happening is because nas said no.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 am 

Kimjongil wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Not happening.

Nabutso wrote:

And now he says maybe. People change opinions. I'm telling you their changed opinions. Still angry that TH doesn't affect mining?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:27 pm 

Newest update.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:59 pm 

What if we request he moves the Qufim island OP to the zone entrance from Jeuno? It's the same zone, so it shouldn't be entirely impossible, right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:49 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Kimjongil wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Not happening.

Nabutso wrote:

And now he says maybe. People change opinions. I'm telling you their changed opinions. Still angry that TH doesn't affect mining?

I was alluding to the fact that you are quite rude and condescending. But as usual you're right, I'm mad about TH and mining. You caught me and called me out on it.:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 pm 

Sure thing, telling people word for word what nas says makes -me- rude and condescending.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:49 am 

Aeroo wrote:
Kimjongil wrote:
Vescent wrote:
@Naimah Not true, All of the leveling spots for 20+ were really close to jeuno compared to the other nations for about another 30 levels. Either way, the server is to create the feeling of a 2005 server. Back then, everyone's hp was in jeuno

Nabutso you're totally not understading me.... I am in agreeance with the quote above.....I am saying the reason Jeuno is not a main hub like back in the day is due to the fact that level sync is preventing it from happening.... I am not even debating putting an OP warp in Jeuno.

I'd say that level sync plays just a tiny role in Jeuno being nothing but a bazaar hub. Jeuno was the place to homepoint when you hit low 20's on retail because that's where you'd party for a very long time. But when you got to higher levels and could access things easier and learned about outpost warps, most players reverted back to cities anyway. The reason no one hangs out in jeuno is because we've been given access to it through whitegate and holiday gifts of tidal talismans. Jeuno itself has very little access to anything outside of a mid level exp party and if your homepoint were set there you'd quickly realize that it shouldn't be. Airships are slow. Outpost warps are the way to go. I used to be a fan of the jeuno op warp idea but I think people are proud of their home nations and that would pretty much take that away. We don't need everyone on the server town afking to all be in one spot anyway. That can't be good for server performance. The town hubs are great the way they are now. I feel you on trying to recreate that old jeuno retail vibe because it is absent here but the conveniences offered in place of it outweigh that tiny aspect of the nostalgia, for me anyway.

I partially agree here. But I feel that you are missing a bit here. When I played retail, I always remembered the phrase "all roads lead to Jeuno". It's in the game, players heard the phrase, and it made sense. Back then, the AH's were separate. They had their own economy and people congregated to Jeuno not only for being close to leveling areas, as mentioned above, but also because of the AH had a larger selection because of it being a node for the three cities and a central hub to lfp, and gather for events. That was why several people, including higher levels, always hung out in Jeuno/Whitegate.

They built these places to be a place of commerce. In Carbuncle, we had people bazaaring outside upper Jeuno. So I mean I didn't hit end game in 05, so I can't tell you if majority of end game players stayed in their home town. But what I can add to the discussion is why it was lively. After all the Ah's were combined together in retail, I noticed players hanging around more in their home town. Again it's personal experience and I can't apply that inter-retail. I hope this added to the discussion.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next