Lobby: Up
Online: 87
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Goodbye (Mostly)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 pm 

So, some of you may have noticed that I haven't been playing too much lately. I've decided to invest in myself more and pick up more life skills, like music, languages (currently at 450 kanji), and programming. But to make time for those things, I need to cut FFXI out of my life. I'll be occasionally logging on for a day here and there, but for the most part I won't be playing consistently anymore. It's been fun, and I don't regret my time here, but I had to hang up the mantle at some point. I'd like to think that my impact on the server has been a positive one.

Nasomi, thank you for all your silent dedication to the server all these years, and for putting up with me. I know I wasn't always the easiest person to get along with. It's partly thanks to this server that kickstarted my pursuit of programming.

Thanks to everyone who makes this server fun, whether it was those I'd see every day or players I only talked to once. I'd especially like to thank Cajole, Kalarion, and Archagoras for helping me at times when they had nothing to gain from it.

To my linkshell, I'm sorry for the resists in Dynamis, lol.

My fondest memories in the game are from duoing with just one other person - whether it was to farm an item, complete a quest, or getting experience in our own out-of-the-way private camp. I also feel proud of helping the game's economy, particularly in late 2014 when players were fewer and it was in a deep rut.

Remember, what ultimately makes the game fun or not is you.

Post subject: Re: Goodbye (Mostly)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

OR....

FFXI skills > life skills. Abandon your job and those near and dear to you, and play ffxi. When everyone else leaves you, ffxi is still there.

Bored at night and your friends tell you to stop calling them at 3am? FFXI will be there.
Grannie died and everyone is busy arranging hte funeral? FFXI is free and has time for you.
People generally avoid you because you haven't showered in weeks? FFXI doesn't mind.
Gained 50lb, now it's tedious to get up and go out? You can FFXI without ever leaving your chair!

One thing in life is consistent, it's gonna suck sometimes.
One thing in FFXI is consistent, it's awesome all the time.
Why roll the dice on life, when you can guarantee your enjoyment with FFXI?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:03 pm 

Nasomi... lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:15 pm 

You should hone those programming skills fixing Ix'aern DRK Sach so we can finally do the rest of the Sea Jailers and get torques! I know Nas is dilligently working on fixing the Senjuinrikio inventory bug so I can use it again and doesn't have time for Sea nonsense.

P.S. JK Nas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:18 pm 

stick with programming it's a blast. Best of luck to ya, you always have a place to come back to if you get bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:36 am 

Best of luck to you, Sachertorte. I always had fun with you around and will miss you greatly. I hope that in the future you will find the time to visit us in Vanadiel. In the meantime tho, good luck and I hope your chosen path brings you happiness and joy! :D

[ Cajole / Koverlet ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:39 am 

Ah I remember. You. Good luck buddy roo.