Lobby: Up
Online: 64
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Quick thoughts on TOAU
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:27 pm 

Wow, is it finally here? Nasomi trolled us last year with a system message that said "ENM and salvage all before Christmas." Sure enough I and many others spent at least a month up in Mount Zhaylom farming Khroma ore. Even sold a Genie Weskit to my arch nemesis and secret lover, Aeroo, for cheap as chips because we all thought we'd have Morrigan's robes by January.

So if we're truly getting legitimately accessible content from TOAU, what will happen to the ZNM and all the other NMs that instantly re-spawn. Is making the Zeni/photograph system really fair at this point? Perhaps put ZNM on a re-pop 15minute-5hr+ re-pop timer, and then the higher tier ones can be popped with the items as per retail. Just trying to think of something Nasomi-ish that wouldn't suck too much.

How will Pandemonium Warden be handled?

Once again, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. It could all be bullshit, of course. If not, it will be a really exciting time for the server.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:54 pm 

Why change ZNMs and penalize new players? They've been the way they are for several years now.

I am not looking forward to the Salvage spam, personally. lol.

Fairy (ThoseGuys/LostParadise)
Cerberus (Resurgence)
Phoenix (Beyond/DynamisBums)
Shiva (Apathy)
Nasomi (DraconicBallad)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 pm 

New(er) player here, I'd rather be penalized and obtain gear in the correct way once I reach 75, with a party and efforts.

I'm okay that you could use BST/SMN to explode ZNMs, it gave you guys something fun to do while the server developed and all. But as Familiar gets fixed and ToaU becomes accessible, I'm hoping to get a more accurate experience of ZNMs even if Nasomi has to deactivate them for months before they're put back in properly with that soul plate system.

I'm a patient guy and I'm deliberately stalling my ascension to 75 and leveling several jobs to avoid running into that kind of incomplete content on Nasomi. Relying on broken JAs and always-up NMs to get top gear is just no fun at all. At least, that's just my personal preference.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm 

Im not going to lie, the ZNM system in retail when released was ass. It was really not fun to go and take pictures of everything, and if the system on nasomi is more akin to farming pop items, or just a simple respawn time, I would be all for it. Thats the beauty of having a private server. Things that retail did wrong can be corrected here, anyway nasomi sees fit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm 

I know it's unlikely and probably a very unpopular opinion, but I'd be happy to let Nas rapture all of my ZNM gear and PW items if we got a fully functioning ZNM system w/ zeni requirements and T4 ZNMs too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 pm 

There’s nothing secret about our love baby.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:28 pm 

I'd gladly trade all my ToAU gear for a fully working ToAU set of content, however for a lot of people, aquiring these items has involved lots of time and gil, I think it'd be harsh to force such a grand wipe upon everyone.

It wouldn't matter if current players have the items, if the new system works, is killable, and most importantly, fun. That way people will do it, and we'll help the newer players get the same items anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 pm 

Keys wrote:
Im not going to lie, the ZNM system in retail when released was ass. It was really not fun to go and take pictures of everything, and if the system on nasomi is more akin to farming pop items, or just a simple respawn time, I would be all for it. Thats the beauty of having a private server. Things that retail did wrong can be corrected here, anyway nasomi sees fit.

I'd be quite alright with pop items or timed spawns, too.
Pop items would be a bit more interesting since that would add a new end-game activity ("today let's go farm pop items!" or "let's fight some ZNMs tonight"), but timed spawns are probably way less work to implement.

Aperture wrote:
my arch nemesis and secret lover, Aeroo.

Aeroo wrote:
There’s nothing secret about our love baby.

Hot!

Last edited by Piellar on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:34 pm 

Why would there be a need for a wipe? this hasn't been the case for things in the past, why start now?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 pm 

inb4 new people ask for a wipe of all relics