Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:39 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
You do that.

You’re arguing with a ton of people that spend most of their time crafting on retail, that aren’t saying it seems like crafting is a little bit off. They’re saying it’s substantially off. That it’s not even in the same universe as era similar.

For your hard numbers, I started crafting Rainbow Thread at lvl 71.6 CC, and it is a 78 synth.

I am now 73.6, and I have amassed 28 stacks of rainbow thread.

Edit: And to pre-empt your question of how I could possibly know that isn’t right, without hard numbers from back then.. my answer is: because im not an idiot.

I'm confused about your numbers of rainbow thread or how they can be so vastly different from mine. I have done the same synth path (71.8-73.9) and i have gotten 6.6 stacks of rainbow thread.
My numbers are
8 breaks 0 spider web lost
22 breaks w/ 1 spider web lost
15 breaks w/ 2 spider web lost
79 synths of rainbow thread
124 total
17% skill up rate so far. FYI I have been using Adv. Syn. Support till 73, then switched to Reg. Syn. Support.
This is 1.0 skill up every 60 synths.
Including my pre-71.8 which I didn't keep track of break/syn/%s of I still have only made a TOTAL of 12 stacks of rainbow thread...

To compare to what numbers your proposing that would mean you are averaging at a MINIMUM of 168 total crafts per level... that's if you never had ANY breaks. If I assume you have some closeish numbers to mine for breaks, that would put you at ~560 total synths for 2 levels or 3.5% skillup rate.

--Latenite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:10 pm 

I haven’t checked, so I have no idea if something was changed. I sold all my rainbow thread and cloths off to folks with 100. I made it to like 77.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:45 pm 

I have 198 synths worth of data for T2 HQ rates on Nasomi with a synth that has up to HQ3.

29 HQ1
15 HQ2
3 HQ3
8 breaks

This is a small sample size I understand but it falls right in line with a 25% HQ rate. It's slightly favoring the expected numbers for HQ2 but right on for HQ3.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:21 am 

Drink Pepsi wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Direction/Moon/Day don't apply here pepsi.

You say that, but I don't believe it. And you haven't tested it on skillup's, where I've skilled 1-70 since the changes went into place.

Nabutso wasn't as specific as he could be when he answered this, what he should have said was "Direction/Moon/Day HAS NEVER APPLIED ON FFXI."

Many people don't remember, or never knew, but 'Crafting directions' was actually asked of the developers at one of those FFXI conventions they used to host. This was in the 2008 or 2009. The guy stood up and asked his question about crafting direction, and the developers looked at him like he was stupid. They then looked at their interpreter to ensure they understood the question, and the interpreter affirmed that yes, in fact, the questioner was asking if the direction the character was facing affected crafting results. The developer dais burst into hysterical laughter at the absurdity of the notion. One responded (through his laughter) and i'm paraphrasing, "We didn't design anything like that, but face whichever way you like and BELIEVE."

Though most of the 'directional crafting' mythos died soon after, some persisted believing, without evidence, that directional crafting was infact affecting synthesis results. This was officially put to rest, without humor, in the 2016 FFXI AMA on Reddit when they were asked:

"Can you officially confirm the crafting variables? Does direction, day of the week, time of day etc. affect crafting in anyway?

A: They do not. "

Crafting directions DO NOT and HAVE NEVER existed. This has been the case since the game was first released. This has been the official stance of the developers since the late 2000s and anything you experienced which led you to believe the alternate was the case was happenstance. A placebo. And the only thing you can be told is I only hope that whatever time and energy you squandered beliving in something that didn't exist was not too excessive.

The 2016 FFXI AMA can be found archived on the official Square Enix forums for ffxi at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threa ... post583640

Last edited by Maxdecphoenix on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 am 

Maxdecphoenix wrote:
Drink Pepsi wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Direction/Moon/Day don't apply here pepsi.

You say that, but I don't believe it. And you haven't tested it on skillup's, where I've skilled 1-70 since the changes went into place.

stuff.

Most interesting part for me is that Pepsi(Nas) is saying that he does not believe it. Was he trolling?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 am 

dimitri wrote:
Maxdecphoenix wrote:
Drink Pepsi wrote:

Nabutso wasn't as specific as he could be when he answered this, what he should have said was "Direction/Moon/Day HAS NEVER APPLIED ON FFXI."

Many people don't remember, or never knew, but 'Crafting directions' was actually asked of the developers at one of those FFXI conventions they used to host. This was in the 2008 or 2009. The guy stood up and asked his question about crafting direction, and the developers looked at him like he was stupid. They then looked at their interpreter to ensure they understood the question, and the interpreter affirmed that yes, in fact, the questioner was asking if the direction the character was facing affected crafting results. The developer dais burst into hysterical laughter at the absurdity of the notion. One responded (through his laughter) and i'm paraphrasing, "We didn't design anything like that, but face whichever way you like and BELIEVE."

Though most of the 'directional crafting' mythos died soon after, some persisted believing, without evidence, that directional crafting was infact affecting synthesis results. This was officially put to rest, without humor, in the 2016 FFXI AMA on Reddit when they were asked:

"Can you officially confirm the crafting variables? Does direction, day of the week, time of day etc. affect crafting in anyway?

A: They do not. "

Crafting directions DO NOT and HAVE NEVER existed. This has been the official stance of the developers since the late 2000s Anything you experienced which led you to believe the alternate was the case was happenstance. A placebo.

THe 2016 FFXI AMA can be found archived on the official Square Enix forums for ffxi at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threa ... post583640

thanks for reposting this for the 100th time
i guess i should let you know this server isnt SE’s ffxi and pepsi=nasomi. welcome to the conversation

np, and the delusion continues.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:50 am 

What's funny to me is, the people inclined to actually go out and test with a healthy sample size also seem to be the people most inclined to keep the results to themselves or spread misinformation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:12 am 

Deadwing wrote:
What's funny to me is, the people inclined to actually go out and test with a healthy sample size also seem to be the people most inclined to keep the results to themselves or spread misinformation.

The first part seems expected and human nature. The 2nd part definitely is not nice although I don't know who spread any misinformation except possibly nasomi himself here swearing that the moon and day were still affecting things. I am not one to sit down with a spread sheet and record thousands of synths. I left that to the more eager. I go by feel. And I have had both good and bad luck at every moonphase on every day so I don't think any of it matters. I must admit you did get into my head one day coming up to me and pointing southeast while I was using an earth crystal. I have begun to use the hq direction since then because shortly after I tried it and had a very lucky streak. It's probably nothing though in all honesty. I've had plenty of shitty streaks doing the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:36 pm 

The way I look at direction...

If it doesn’t matter, I’m no further behind, so might as well anyway. I do think it’s absurd though.

I am curious though, where does the info posted about directional compass come from??!! Is it made up lulz or if true, is it even correct??? . . .

Misinformation! Where’s my tinfoil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:46 pm 

Camper wrote:
Maxdecphoenix wrote:
Drink Pepsi wrote:

stuff.

Most interesting part for me is that Pepsi(Nas) is saying that he does not believe it. Was he trolling?

Nas is Pepsi AND Drink Pepsi?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next