Lobby: Up
Online: 72
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Deadwing wrote:
What's funny to me is, the people inclined to actually go out and test with a healthy sample size also seem to be the people most inclined to keep the results to themselves or spread misinformation.

The first part seems expected and human nature. The 2nd part definitely is not nice although I don't know who spread any misinformation except possibly nasomi himself here swearing that the moon and day were still affecting things. I am not one to sit down with a spread sheet and record thousands of synths. I left that to the more eager. I go by feel. And I have had both good and bad luck at every moonphase on every day so I don't think any of it matters. I must admit you did get into my head one day coming up to me and pointing southeast while I was using an earth crystal. I have begun to use the hq direction since then because shortly after I tried it and had a very lucky streak. It's probably nothing though in all honesty. I've had plenty of shitty streaks doing the same.

ive never seen anything that makes me believe there's any correlation, but I do also use the direction because it can't possibly hurt.

I don't believe day/moon matters at all... When I saw this was bumped, I was sadly hoping it was another person begging for him to fix crafting skill-up rates.. but whatever.

this is fun and interesting too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:11 pm 

Dexx wrote:
The way I look at direction...

If it doesn’t matter, I’m no further behind, so might as well anyway. I do think it’s absurd though.

I am curious though, where does the info posted about directional compass come from??!! Is it made up lulz or if true, is it even correct??? . . .

Misinformation! Where’s my tinfoil

I'm not 100% confident, but I *think* the original theories regarding direction and the elements comes from the stars in the nighttime sky. If you go to a flat zone like Altep desert, and look at the sky at night, there's a colored star in each compass direction that the community might have associated with each terrestrial avatar, and thus, element.

All hearsay on my part, i never paid enough attention to in-game lore to know if any of this crap actually came from NPC dialogue, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:18 pm 

Also, to the topic at hand: I did some smithing skillups recently, and when i was making a crap-ton of Iron Sheets over the skill cap, i had a streak of bad luck where i broke 1 ingot per stack for 4 total stacks of materials. It just so happened that was on watersday (fire crystal synth).

Now, i never recorded the game day i did other massive conversions of ingots -> sheets, but every other time i did mass quantities i rarely broke: maybe 1 ingot in several stacks as opposed to 1 per.

So, i'm back on the "day's matter in some fashion" bandwagon, just from this one experience. In what manner? no clue. Probably not for HQ's, but maybe in the base success/failure code and/or determining your difficulty for skill-ups. Either way: i'm now paying attention to days/direction again, just in the offchance it still does matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:55 pm 

Vavaud wrote:
Dexx wrote:

If it doesn’t matter, I’m no further behind, so might as well anyway. I do think it’s absurd though.

I am curious though, where does the info posted about directional compass come from??!! Is it made up lulz or if true, is it even correct??? . . .

All hearsay on my part, i never paid enough attention to in-game lore to know if any of this crap actually came from NPC dialogue, etc.

Actually there is a short dialogue and cs about constellation and they're each color coded. Nothing about crafting I believe.

Infact here is the dialogue and CS (well static image).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 am 

Nekozuko wrote:
Vavaud wrote:
Dexx wrote:

Actually there is a short dialogue and cs about constellation and they're each color coded. Nothing about crafting I believe.

Infact here is the dialogue and CS (well static image).

No CS as I remember, but those maps are availiable in game. there's a guy on the East Rampart in Southern Sandy that shows you the map 'the heathens at the orastory in windurst study' and if you go to the top of the aurastory in windurst another NPC will show you that map. that's all it is and has ever been. Something they added to create a level of depth and richness to the world.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:49 am 

Nekozuko wrote:
minecraft apk
Infact here is the dialogue and CS (well static image)

What are the dialogues if you remember? or can you please share the working link again?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:52 pm 

I know this is an old thread. I just came back to Nasomi yesterday and decided to try Woodworking.
I've done 2 stacks of Arrowood Lbr and went from 0 to 0.2. Is this normal?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:19 pm 

yeah sound about right, when doing woodworking id go 200 synths of arrows and maybe get 2-3 levels if i'm lucky
good thing about woodworking is that you can do 200 synths of arrows relativity cheap and you can do 8+ below with advanced synth and plow through too 70-80
other crafts aren't so kind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:42 pm 

So, today I used 2 stacks of Bone Chips and my Bonecraft went from 0 to 2.1.
That's a huge difference than what I got in WW. This seems a lot more like retail used to be at this level.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17