Lobby: Up
Online: 55
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:43 pm 

Same reason there wasn't a simple yes/no from SE, despite having all of the code.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:46 pm 

SE has officially confirmed they do not, though people are still adamant that they do. So it makes no sense that Nasomi can't officially confirm whether or not that they do make a difference. The amount of secrets in this game are ridiculous for being 16 years old.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:05 pm 

Crafting is nothing like retail here, which is why nobody ever wants to do it.

The amount of critical breaks is absurd and the lower HQ rates than retail is making leveling any particular craft not worth it.

In retail skill ups did NOT drop off to near none 2-3 levels below cap, they stayed consistent and you could easily cap on a synth.

Here you have to constantly find a synth 5-8 lvls out of your crafting skill level to skill up on with support or gear to even remotely get any kind of skill ups. Then you also risk breaking everything and losing the materials.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:11 pm 

sukasaroth, do you have any data gathered both from retail and here we can compare?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:50 pm 

I don't have the number of synths that I've done, but I have 5 110+ crafts on retail. Each account has at least 2-3 capped subs. Two of those accounts were 100+ back in the day before the more recent crafting changes (with matching subs).

I can say without a doubt that I've never had the issues that I have on this server crafting. 0-60 was cake. I never had issues skilling to cap in retail on a synth. Here, if you get within a level of a synth, it's pretty difficult to cap. It took me 3 to 4x longer to get from 34 to 35 as it did from 30-31 with a synth that capped at 35. I only bother when it's extremely cost effective. Crit breaks are also way higher here, which hurts people just getting back into the game a bit.

I'm pretty new here and I'm enjoying my time on this server, but the crafting element leaves something to be desired.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:54 pm 

If you don't actually have any numbers to compare to retail then we can't have a conversation about it. Not a convincing one at least.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:55 pm 

While I'm a fan of statistics, it seems pretty clear to anyone that crafting here is pretty far off retail. It's in dire need of a number tuning. Claiming that a sensible and constructive dialogue about crafting rates here can't be had without statistics is just plain silly, considering the number of forums posts and in-game conversations people have about crafting being off. Nab, I recall even you complaining in WindyWins about Sole Sushi not being worth it because you never HQ when you should. It's a problem, and simply saying "changes can't be made unless we have raw data from era retail" is wrong. Simply inch the HQ rate up, skillup rates up, and critical fail rates down. No one here is asking for perfect percentages; just for a better feeling system.

Not only that, but if anyone is really struggling with there being a lack of numbers, I just did 96 crafts of silver bangles (49 cap) as a level 47 GS. I got .3 skill up in total. Seems off, wouldn't you say?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:02 pm 

How can you say it's off if you have nothing to compare it to?

How can you expect to convince nas that it's wrong if you can't convince a player?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:08 pm 

Because everyone here but you is convinced it's pretty far off. You're neglecting what's probably closer to fifty players giving substantial anecdotal evidence.

I'll also add, I'm not sure why you even need convincing (assuming you meant you're the player that I can't convince without numbers). You've said yourself you didn't craft much, if at all, in retail. Why have you decided on a whim that crafting rates aren't off? You yourself have no evidence to base your own opinions.

I personally think it more logical that Nasomi would sooner hear the complaints of fifty hardcore crafters' anecdotal evidence.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:22 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
How can you say it's off if you have nothing to compare it to?

How can you expect to convince nas that it's wrong if you can't convince a player?

You're poking frustrated people. You should stop.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next