Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:53 am 

Hi all.

New nasomi player, old ffxi player.

Going from the approved mod list I've a few questions:

In the old days I had mods via windower like recast, different from the one we have on nasomi. It put a little timer in all buffs/debuffs on the top of the screen. Are we able to use this? I can't even remember what it was calssed.

There was also a custom map pack and graphics overhaul mod/dat pack. Are we able to use these or are they both banning offeces?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:46 pm 

Quote:
It put a little timer in all buffs/debuffs on the top of the screen. Are we able to use this?

We have that built-in because Nasomi uses a frozen version of the Seekers of Adoulin client. You'll have to search around the Config menu, but there's already an option to have your buff/debuffs display in the upper-left corner of the screen.

You can also see other people's buffs/debuffs when you select them, in the lower left corner just above the compass. It's handy to see if Regen has fallen off, for example.

Quote:
There was also a custom map pack and graphics overhaul mod/dat pack. Are we able to use these or are they both banning offeces?

From another thread, Nabutso said swapping graphics .dat files is okay, what we're absolutely forbidden to do is add/remove/change the Ashita plugins we're provided for Nasomi. So when you install a graphics overhaul, make sure to use the .dat swap method and not use Ashita plugins.

Also, remember to take a backup before you start messing with your Nasomi files. :O

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:44 pm 

NO, using the PLUGIN to enable DEBUFF and BUFF timers that you've cast on other targets. The ONLY thing you can do is enable the setting that Piellar mentioned that will display if they buff or debuff is applied to the FRIENDLY target ONLY. Anything else is unauthorized. ALL the authorized plugins are ALREADY INCLUDED in the client. Do NOT download any plugins or addons.

Custom map packs are NOT allowed. You can alter graphics, but NOT maps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm 

Good to have a definitive answer. Ty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:25 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Custom map packs are NOT allowed. You can alter graphics, but NOT maps.

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't aware map packs were not allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:55 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
You can alter graphics, but NOT maps.

Syraphin wrote:
Good to have a definitive answer. Ty.

To elaborate, at least according to past conversations I have had with Nabutso, the ability to alter graphics is pretty much limited to HD texture packs. Altering graphics to improve visibility is not permitted.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:07 pm 

Well, the two you mean Harley aren't dat modifications, but if we're talking about any graphical edit, then those are included in the "not permitted" category, yeah.

drawdistance on the other hand is OK.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:40 pm 

I used to use spellcast (if I remember the name) to be able to have more gear swap basicaly.

I would like to know if there is any possibility to obtain approxiamtively the same result on this version as I think I understood windower is not supposed to be used.

To turn a long story to a short one, is there a way to Apply more swap gear in a single macro ?

If there is anything I misunderstood, feel free to let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:08 pm 

Dohko wrote:
To turn a long story to a short one, is there a way to Apply more swap gear in a single macro ?

In game, under Macros, there is an "Edit Equip. Set" menu, you can create gear sets there and use them as a single line in your macros.

After you create the set, the macro line syntax is "/equipset xx" where Set001 would be "/equipset 1".

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:25 pm 

Ok thanks for your quick reply, this is good news !