Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:11 am 

anemathis wrote:
I've got both versions of the GPD win.

It runs on both, controls work great as its xbox 360 drivers which is built into ffxi. The Win1 never sees above 25fps nuy I can box 2 clients locked at 30fps no problem on the win2, 1 client runs like a dream at 60fps

Fantastic! Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:05 am 

anemathis wrote:
I've got both versions of the GPD win.

It runs on both, controls work great as its xbox 360 drivers which is built into ffxi. The Win1 never sees above 25fps nuy I can box 2 clients locked at 30fps no problem on the win2, 1 client runs like a dream at 60fps

wow, amazing first post. +1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 pm 

Nasomi/FFXI does indeed work well on both versions. On the 1, you will need to turn off all weather effects and lower the clipping plane to reach a good FPS. It also helps to keep the fan on "high", with the switch underneath. The GPD WIn 2 doesn't feature Dinput, so you will have to use a controller mapper, whereas on the 1, you can just use the keyboard switch to select Dinput and map via the built in FFXI controller config mapper(though you will have to use this util for both versions btw). I use Xpadder, but Controller Companion from STEAM works well too.

https://youtu.be/6IM387hWUs4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:07 pm 

Quetza wrote:
There is a work around.

I use the chrome vpn when I'm away from home to remote to my desktop and play. It's not good enough to xp but to fish and craft it works great.

I know there is an app it costs 30$ that advertises it allows you to run windows programs on your Android device. I have not tested this because I'm not spending 30$ to play FFXI on my phone.

it Is true that there is an app to do this?? awesome!

Maybe it can be downloaded using aptoide

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 am 

Phen0m wrote:
Nasomi/FFXI does indeed work well on both versions. On the 1, you will need to turn off all weather effects and lower the clipping plane to reach a good FPS. It also helps to keep the fan on "high", with the switch underneath. The GPD WIn 2 doesn't feature Dinput, so you will have to use a controller mapper, whereas on the 1, you can just use the keyboard switch to select Dinput and map via the built in FFXI controller config mapper(though you will have to use this util for both versions btw). I use Xpadder, but Controller Companion from STEAM works well too.

Top notch post. Way more effort than I am willing to put in xD.

+1 for Controller Companion. That is what I use.