Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:24 am 

Any tech savy people able to help me get Nasomi installed on a tablet? I'm stuck.

I've:
Went to the downloads page and tried to download the "direct download" link. It downloads to 100% and infinitely stays at 100% downloading. No clue how to get past this step.

I'm trying to get this installed on the Amazon Fire 10 tablet.

Is there a better way to do this?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:37 am 

Bosworth wrote:
Any tech savy people able to help me get Nasomi installed on a tablet? I'm stuck.

I've:
Went to the downloads page and tried to download the "direct download" link. It downloads to 100% and infinitely stays at 100% downloading. No clue how to get past this step.

I'm trying to get this installed on the Amazon Fire 10 tablet.

dude, you are using an android tablet, if final fantasy XI were to work on android devices, everyone would be so HAPPY. haha
get yourself a computer or wait for final fantasy XI reboot, which according to reddit won't come out before long.
there is hope.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:02 am 

I have a pc, I’m just busy and was hoping I could get it on my tablet so I can play on the go. To clarify, it isn’t possible to get Nasomi on the tablet I have?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:59 am 

No. Windows tablet only I think

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 pm 

Search the forums.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm 

There is a work around.

I use the chrome vpn when I'm away from home to remote to my desktop and play. It's not good enough to xp but to fish and craft it works great.

I know there is an app it costs 30$ that advertises it allows you to run windows programs on your Android device. I have not tested this because I'm not spending 30$ to play FFXI on my phone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm 

Bosworth wrote:

No

You're trying to put a PC game on an Android tablet, it's just never going to work.
And if you aren't already "tech savvy" then don't even think about tinkering with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:37 pm 

If you want to do what I did, I ended up with a cheapo Best Buy store brand windows tablet (about $80 new) and got the game to work. It wasn't fast, couldn't do party play, but I could solo and fish just fine on it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:13 pm 

Nish wrote:
If you want to do what I did, I ended up with a cheapo Best Buy store brand windows tablet (about $80 new) and got the game to work. It wasn't fast, couldn't do party play, but I could solo and fish just fine on it.

Pretty rad. I was thinking of getting one of the 4gb tablets in hopes that it would be pretty much fully playable at 30fps, but not sure if its worth splurging for, or if it would even work as well as I'd hope.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:16 pm 

Ultimately I was mainly going for a "ffxi on the go" type thing, but if it isn't ideal, it's no biggy