Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Choco Circuit
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:04 pm 

Galvas wrote:
Wow 500 gil, how does one even make that kind of bank? Not trolling, just starting out and not quite lvl 10, but have 43 gil on me after buying some maps and a piece of bronze armor.

Lots of repeatable quests and wise use of the AH and junk selling to vendors. I usually start out in Windy so I'm used to hunting the hares to turn in the lost mail pieces and stacking silk and crawler calcs. Both of those can be turned in in sets of 3 to the same repeatable quest NPC but the silk goes for more on the AH. AHing stacks of crystals early on is also normal as most people wait until later on with established Gil flow to start crafting(and leveling new classes lets you revisit the crystal intake again and again). By level 11, I'd had several thousand Gil as there really isn't much for some classes to buy(war doesn't need much in armor or weapons until then, but mages need to spend to buy the spell scrolls).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:44 pm 

#BringbackNasboat
#We'regonnaneedabiggerboat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:24 pm 

Galvas wrote:
Wow 500 gil, how does one even make that kind of bank? Not trolling, just starting out and not quite lvl 10, but have 43 gil on me after buying some maps and a piece of bronze armor.

What nation did you start in?

If you're in Windurst, do what is mentioned above my comment.

If you started in Bastok, I recommend taking all of your starting jobs and leveling them to 10 in Zeruhn Mines. You'll make a pretty solid chunk of change doing this. Bat Wings sell for 1k a stack and they sell pretty quickly. You'll also end up with Zinc Ore and the occasional Iron Ore as well, which also sell quickly. You can even take all of your jobs to 14 if you want to run all of them through Dangruf Wadi, where you can get Hermit Rings and Wild Onions. Vendor the Wild Onions and sell the rings on auction. Same with any goblin armor you end up with. I started with Monk since it was the quickest and easiest one to get to 10, then used my Hand-to-Hand skill on Thief and Warrior. From that point I did Red Mage and White Mage.

I don't really have any tips for San d'Oria, I've never leveled a character there. Maybe someone can help shed some light.

There are also a lot of things that you can buy on Auction that sell higher to a vendor. A classic example of this is low level Scale Armor pieces. You can often buy them for 200g on auction and vendor them from 270~. Helmet Mole, Vegetable Seeds, Grain Seeds, etc are also ones that I used quite often when I first started. Seeds are useless on Nasomi as currently gardening doesn't work, so people will list them on auction for virtually nothing when they could have sold them to vendors instead and gotten MORE.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:06 am 

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I started in Bastok and will go ahead with the mine advice. I started out as a warrior, and eventually want to become a paladin on one toon and a Dark knight on the other. But I will go ahead and swap to monk.

I was also meandering through old 2004 FFXI posts on Zam and said it was better to start monk as well to 18, then lvl warrior to 37 then start on the job you want as a main. So I will go ahead and switch over to monk for now on both classes, though I prefer the standard warrior/knight classes. Thanks again for the great advice!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:38 pm 

Galvas wrote:

Gets easier when you get higher. To start off I would farm mobs that drop stuff that can be sold easily, bees come to mind or crabs that drop meat.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:08 am 

Galvas wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I started in Bastok and will go ahead with the mine advice. I started out as a warrior, and eventually want to become a paladin on one toon and a Dark knight on the other. But I will go ahead and swap to monk.

I was also meandering through old 2004 FFXI posts on Zam and said it was better to start monk as well to 18, then lvl warrior to 37 then start on the job you want as a main. So I will go ahead and switch over to monk for now on both classes, though I prefer the standard warrior/knight classes. Thanks again for the great advice!

Fyi you can level everything on one character, you can switch classes whenever you want and you don't lose your level progression; no point in leveling 2 characters for a pld and a drk.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:50 pm 

Galvas wrote:

Monk is a good sub for warrior, but not necessary and not useful later on if it's the only reason you're leveling it. I leveled thf to 20 (just so I could unlock chocobo faster) and then did Warrior. War/Thf still works fine if you're only going to level 37 and having 15+ on thf is great because Treasure Hunter is sick. It'll make farming later in life much better for you being able to sub it.

Just make sure you use a Sword or H2H while leveling your Thf (you won't need dagger skill if you don't plan to level thf beyond ~18).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:25 pm 

Tanks are rare. War/Mnk would really help when you're filling that role.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:08 pm 

I tanked a dunes party yesterday as WHM/WAR. That's how rare tanks are.

PS: That group was great. Thank based Nasomi for Black Mages.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
Galvas wrote:

Fyi you can level everything on one character, you can switch classes whenever you want and you don't lose your level progression; no point in leveling 2 characters for a pld and a drk.

Yeah I get where you are coming from in regards to me having two characters with two distinct jobs. But I'm kind of an old school rp'er that prefers that each character is dedicated specifically to their main job (but I will still get them various subjobs). So I will most likely level different jobs with my toons, but they will always be known as Merek the paladin and Galvas the dark knight. It's a role playing thing :D

Plus if things are slow, I can group them together for slow experience hunts or farming. Though I'd vehemently prefer grouping with others.