Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm 

Hi FFXI Community,

Background:
I stopped playing in 2005 after my LS disbanded and many people switched to WoW. I think the waiting in Jeuno for hours forming a party only to get to camp and to hear that the main healer has to go was the last straw for them after the 1000th time.

Link to char: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/charsearc ... tion=basic

I just heard about Nasomi last week after hearing a co-worker talking about Ninja making 500k a month on Twitch. So I googled him and saw that he was playing FFXI with his brother and I was like 'Woah, what is Nasomi?' and discovered more about it. Anyways, so far it's been great and I discovered a lot of very friendly people. I've always thought about FFXI and there is nothing like us. I read at least over 100 articles in the last week and I am happy to see that FFXI is still strong and there are many people out there who are better writers than I am who eloquently explained the awesome feelings of FFXI and why we're so passionate about the game so many years later; we're like a tribe.

I'm only 1500 exp away from 18 and getting a sub-job (exciting times!) and the 2005 feeling is still there (especially after running through two zones to get to Dunes). Someone gave me 20,000 gil to help me purchase starter items and I am very grateful for their help. I completed the 2nd mission in Bastok to build fame and get back into the story, and a few quests, especially to obtain the Lv. 7 Sparta sword.

So far, everything has been great and the people are awesome. I will do what I can to promote Nasomi and remember, the more people we help, the better the community will be.

Cheers,
~Rubi

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 pm 

Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:15 pm 

Rubicund wrote:
Hi FFXI Community,

Background:
I stopped playing in 2005 after my LS disbanded and many people switched to WoW. I think the waiting in Jeuno for hours forming a party only to get to camp and to hear that the main healer has to go was the last straw for them after the 1000th time.

I just heard about Nasomi last week after hearing a co-worker talking about Ninja making 500k a month on Twitch. So I googled him and saw that he was playing FFXI with his brother and I was like 'Woah, what is Nasomi?' and discovered more about it. Anyways, so far it's been great and I discovered a lot of very friendly people. I've always thought about FFXI and there is nothing like us. I read at least over 100 articles in the last week and I am happy to see that FFXI is still strong and there are many people out there who are better writers than I am who eloquently explained the awesome feelings of FFXI and why we're so passionate about the game so many years later; we're like a tribe.

I'm only 1500 exp away from 18 and getting a sub-job (exciting times!) and the 2005 feeling is still there (especially after running through two zones to get to Dunes). Someone gave me 20,000 gil to help me purchase starter items and I am very grateful for their help. I completed the 2nd mission in Bastok to build fame and get back into the story, and a few quests, especially to obtain the Lv. 7 Sparta sword.

So far, everything has been great and the people are awesome. I will do what I can to promote Nasomi and remember, the more people we help, the better the community will be.

Cheers,
~Rubi

I totally agree that the more the better, but I'm definitely excited for when 15% of the population isn't all at the dunes LOL Will be nice once every starts to spread throughout the content and balance out the population in different zones. Especially the Dunes... It seems to always be at least 10% of the population there....in 1 zone. That's what I'd expect the population at an entire city like San D'Oria lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:18 pm 

Rubicund wrote:
Hi FFXI Community,

Background:

Cheers,
~Rubi

I totally agree that the more the better, but I'm definitely excited for when 15% of the population isn't all at the dunes LOL Will be nice once every starts to spread throughout the content and balance out the population in different zones. Especially the Dunes... It seems to always be at least 10% of the population there....in 1 zone. That's what I'd expect the population at an entire city like San D'Oria lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:48 pm 

Buburimu is also a dunes zone. People COULD go and kill stuff there, as there are camps. And the best part? They’re all open! Despite the dunes currently being terrible for exp during primetime, it boggles my mind why people don’t go there. “But i have to walk there” is a real weak excuse.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 am 

Dhamel also drop femurs hides and meat, so people could be making more money than lizards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 pm 

Keys wrote:
Buburimu is also a dunes zone. People COULD go and kill stuff there, as there are camps. And the best part? They’re all open! Despite the dunes currently being terrible for exp during primetime, it boggles my mind why people don’t go there. “But i have to walk there” is a real weak excuse.

Guess that at some point Windurstians will realize that there are enough of them by now that they can party there.