Lobby: Up
Online: 69
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm 

Hi - Your friendly troll here.

To the newer population that is leveling up WAR and SAM and you see someone spamming Penta Thrust and think that’s super cool? Please pay attention to what you’re actually fighting. If it’s not something that is actually weak to piercing, and thus polearm is excellent, you’re choosing to use a weapon you have a B- (WAR) instead of a weapon that you are A+ (GAXE) or A- (Axe), or B- (SAM) instead of an A+ (GKT) for no reason at all.

Stop it. You’re missing on purpose for no reason. The piercing damage isn’t helping you, and it annoys everyone. Use appropriate weapons.

I’ve seen WAR and SAM using polearm almost exclusively lately, and it’s lazy.

K thx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:26 pm 

This is a bit more abrasive than I had in mind, but your voice really comes through. I give it a B-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm 

Aramiltaru wrote:
This is a bit more abrasive than I had in mind, but your voice really comes through. I give it a B-

you mean you give it a "SAM using a polearm". Got it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:45 pm 

Aram gave me shit in WhatsApp, so.. To be useful.. An exhaustive list of mobs that are weak to piercing damage:

Ladybugs (lul?)
Bat Trios
Rocs
Flies
Birds
Colibri
Bees
Mandragoras
Giant Bats
Puks
Imps

If you're not fighting those, stahp.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 pm 

I’ve had people ask me why I’m not using polearm in camps where we aren’t fighting flying mobs or where we’re fighting a variety of mobs. I don’t think they realize how situational the use of polearm actually is. For example, even at darters I prefer to use GK to set up SC’s. I’d rather sacrifice a little top end damage to make Darkness and remove 65% of the mobs health with a single SC than cross my fingers for a 5/5 penta.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:54 pm 

I'm just saying: I'm at least not gonna judge someone for using a polearm on the mobs where it's weak to them, but.... yeah, if you're fighting torama's with a polearm?

christ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:54 pm 

Even on retail the only thing I used a polearm for was a colobri merit party, and even then only when the party had 2 bards so we could get madrigal. The skill difference between B- and A+ is night and day against tougher mobs. On easier mobs the piercing advantage is negligible. On tougher mobs you wont hit anything. Even with the best gear possible for a colibri merit party i meeded a bard to madrigal because of all the misses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 pm 

Maybe people are just skilling it up? Sometimes I'll whip out the polearm to keep it capped off, doesn't take long with pentra thrust spam as Samurai.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 pm 

I guess that's fine, though if I had my pick you wouldn't do that anyways... but I was also referring to people clearly not just capping their polearm on a new level.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:48 am 

What's worse is SAMs thinking Nana is good seeing as the Zanshin only procs on misses and not zan/hasso procs.

Low base DMG and shit tier delay. Shinsoku is better than Nana lol