Lobby: Up
Online: 82
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:51 pm 

I’m not even arguing whether or not I’d consider it ethical or fair, it’s just concening that you pivoted from accusing him of being a heckboi to implying they cheated midstream.

The project you’re testing isn’t related to Nasomi, as you already said, he declined to participate in an unrelated testing to the server and instead mined for materials that anyone knew would be needed if salvage ever came... which isn’t exactly rocket science to know was one of Nas’s goals.

Meanwhile, again, older players will have a working knowledge of how salvage would work on the server and what possible bugs exist, if any, that most people aren’t privy too.

You can decide which side of that is more concerning, it certainly seems like you already have, but like I said.. I wasn’t trying to rationalize anything anyone did. Hate Ap all you want, I couldn’t possibly care less about how others feel about another party than myself.

Was just pointing out the irony and symmetry to this conversation and the roles some folks have played in a familiar conversation on this server.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:51 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
You’re right, I’d have preferred they didn’t waste time getting ore and instead were included in a small group of people to have knowledge of how salvage is going to work and what quirks exist.

Except that's the thing, every group was represented on the test realm that was being used. You can't act like everyone would not have been on a somewhat level playing field if they actually used their time to test instead of try to stockpile items to amass wealth/items quicker when it's released.

There's a reason Alpha/Atma/Atom/Nexus has had more people jailed than any other LS through all their iterations and this is just one example of that.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 pm 

Kazen wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
You’re right, I’d have preferred they didn’t waste time getting ore and instead were included in a small group of people to have knowledge of how salvage is going to work and what quirks exist.

Except that's the thing, every group was represented on the test realm that was being used. You can't act like everyone would not have been on a somewhat level playing field if they actually used their time to test instead of try to stockpile items to amass wealth/items quicker when it's released.

There's a reason Alpha/Atma/Atom/Nexus has had more people jailed than any other LS through all their iterations and this is just one example of that.

.... uhh... you realize the player base isn’t stagnant right? Every group around back then could’ve been represented... that doesn’t make it more fair. Just more fair amongst a slightly larger group, lol

It’s just went a fairly predictable route, that’s all. To each their own.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 pm 

And if Nab is right, Ap did even less wrong.. y’all just wasted tons of time testing something that won’t be involved with Nas, while Ap didn’t do that and instead spent time obtaining material anyone knew would be useful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Kazen wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:

.... uhh... you realize the player base isn’t stagnant right? Every group around back then could’ve been represented... that doesn’t make it more fair. Just more fair amongst a slightly larger group, lol

I don't know if you're willingly ignoring my point on the matter. But I'm done. Keep your nose clean and don't use those VPNs for multiple characters that Eldy mentioned. There is a problem with the ethics of your LS and if you don't see that, whatever.

Edit: Nabutso knows EVERYTHING about the server because he is Nasomi. He's never been wrong when concretely saying things are a certain way before................

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:01 pm 

If you think I’m suddenly saying Nab is right.. I don’t know what to tell you. I was just saying if he is.

Also, I generally don’t concern myself with what other people do. I can genuinely say I haven’t heard anyone discuss cheating or how to cheat in my time in the LS, you’d say that I’m just not privy to it or lying. That’s fine, I genuinely like everyone that we argued with here.. that’s pretty well established. I just found it all wildly ironic to now want a reset of significantly less meaningful items than in similar conversations in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:10 pm 

Well, if we're going to go ahead and ask for other people's items to be removed on the basis of them making use of privileged information to obtain them last year, would you guys mind giving up your AV items from when Lunar Cry and Last Resort were bugged and made DRK zerging a lot easier, to the point that no one has killed AV since both abilities were fixed? Given that this was not public knowledge outside of select shells in the endgame community at that time, surely the same fair logic would apply, right?

Fair credit where it's due: Vik does have a point on the AH materials glitch that has since been fixed. I would be willing to bet that multiple people (whether they still play or not,) in every endgame LS used that exploit at the time though, so that's probably a moot point at this stage of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:11 pm 

Can we kill this conversation that has spiraled into a blame game. Please take it to PMs and leave it out of the main forum. Should Nasomi choose to implement any portion of what is provided to him, he has sole discretion to change or manipulate it to fit his server infrastructure and game model, meaning it may not be entirely like what is being developed.

Content being developed in private outside of Nasomi will work, as much as possible, to retail with what information is available from independent research and wiki/forum articles from era to present. This information is available to anyone who chooses to search for it, use google. No-one is being given information of nuances to the content or access to the underlying code, but once it is released to DSP it will be visible to everyone.

Testers are here testing for bugs that could cause serious headaches: such as black screens, client/server crashes, instance bugs, and known ways to manipulate race conditions and game the underlying goal of the mini-game, etc. This is so when content becomes available, on any private server platform, it isn't a broken mess and has at least been tested under load. ToAU expansion content is something every private server out there using DSP is trying to implement and we should be looking forward to new content. Since nasomi commented via sysmsg about ToAU Mission 47-- at least missions are coming in the near future, what other content after that is up to Nasomi.

Thanks,
Erina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 pm 

Sure doesn't help that unauthorized private testing where people say it's for nas exists at all, that's the easiest way to get this sort of drama to happen -and- to get nas to never accept anything you make.

Acting like you're some official agent for nasomi is also another way to make sure you cause a problem, too.

And yes I understand the irony coming from me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:16 pm 

I’m just glad you do, Nab

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next