Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:46 pm 

Hey guys,

So as you may have guessed based on how much I post here and on the Wiki, I really like the social aspect of this game, and I've probably spoken with more than a few of you at some point or another during my short time here because I'm not a very shy person. (It's kind of a problem sometimes, sorry if I made it awkward for you!)

What you may not know about me is that I work as a marketing coordinator part-time, and one of the things that I think is most important for a small project is to build a strong, central community of people that are the "core" of the project. These people are the ones who are in it for the long haul and have noted achievements in the field, but at the same time are willing to be accessible to newer members of the team in case they have questions or just need somebody to look up to. It's something that you'll see a lot in sports and other competitive games. A lot of these communities spotlight certain players and give fans somebody or something to cheer for or look up to, which keeps them emotionally invested.

I think this is especially important for something as small as Nasomi. We all want more players, and I am thinking one way to help with this is to do some player interviews. Nothing too personal, just things along the lines of "Did you play in retail, if so where/when/what, what kind of other games do you play, etc." This little thing can go a long way. Originally I had considered doing them in podcast form, but after some more thought I decided that it would be infinitely easier to keep track of them if I simply turned the player interviews into short "player profiles" on the Wiki. I did this for my guild in WoW and it was well received, so I figured I would try again here.

So this is my call to arms: Let me interview you! In order to keep some level of prestige to these, I'm going to require that you have at least 1 job at level 60 to participate.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:16 pm 

Hit me up ingame if you want an interview. Been here for about 2 years now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:06 pm 

If you need an opinion from someone who played in cop retail but never got far back then. Feel free to talk to me in game. Probably got a different perspective from what others have seen.

Been around 14 months on the server.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:25 pm 

I have only been on this server for about 8 months, but I have been playing FFXI since PS2 release, feel free to PM me on here or ingame.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:05 pm 

Hey guys! I really appreciate you guys volunteering! I'll be contacting you guys in-game some time this week, maybe next week. (I don't really play on the weekends that much.)

I'm going to "interview" myself today to use as an example, so when I'm done with that I'll post it here so you can get an idea of what you're getting yourself into. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 pm 

I came up with some boring precursory questions, but if you have some that you'd like to see added feel free to reply and I'll see if I can implement them! :)

http://nasomi.com/wiki/doku.php?id=player:gweivyth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:11 pm 

Just read trough the link. If you really want to make this interesting for new players you should also add more nasomi specific questions. Can always leave the answer to the Person you interview. Always up to answer most questions.

Where can I give answers for those questions?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:17 pm 

Feel free to PM me here with them. :) You can totally freestyle it too, I'm at your mercy. If your questions are better I'll probably also add them to mine, haha.