Lobby: Up
Online: 63
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hm...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 pm 

I'm not sure why this artistic reference to insider trading was removed. So i guess i'll just post it again.

Post subject: Re: It pays to know
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:41 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
I think we need to have a serious conversation about knowledge(no pun intended). The more you play this server, the more you begin to hear whispers, especially when you reside in the denizen's of the endgame. It is no secret that some ls's are privy to changes that are in the pipelines and given an unfair advantage over other ls's. If you put your mog house pearl on, the first thing you read is "Play fairly" which is a direct contradiction to the reality of the server.

This is just speculation on your part. I quit endgame play precisely so this wouldn't be an issue, and it's not an issue.

Viktoriya wrote:
How can one "Play Fairly" when a select group of people are privy to upcoming changes and are allowed to plan ahead and accordingly. I.E "better farm this mob before its fixed next month."

You don't know what other shells know. Other than a general gist that COP is the next content to get attention, the endgame shells know nothing more than moghouse.

Viktoriya wrote:
Also, certain individuals who are "in the know" taking complete advantage of a NM that is about to be fixed and buying up all items it drops so they can be relisted @ a much higher price once the NM is fixed is high grade bullshit. In the real world, we call this insider trading.

So this is about me and the PCC market. I've been acquiring PCC gradually over the course of the last year with the intent to sell them for more if the server got more densely populated. It's called speculation and there's no server rule against it that I can see. If one were drafted I would of course abide by it. I look for return... wherever it can be found, and sometimes that means buying items I think can be sold for more.

Viktoriya wrote:
There were so many things I could have taken advantage of for self benefit but instead I chose to report them for the betterment of the server. I know many people who also reported broken shit that could have easily been taken advantage of and convinced them to jump on IRC and report it privately. It really chaps my ass till no end to see people constantly not playing fairly then wanna lecture people in front of the masses in mog house about playing fairly. This is the elephant in the room, I am not in the business of stirring up drama but it is what it is at this point.

"I'm not in the business of stirring up drama, so here let me stirr up some drama"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:27 pm 

I don't have a dog in the fight either way, so I'm going to chime in here. (I don't do OWNMs because I've got my own gil niches so I just buy things when I want them.)

OWNM lists should be public information. These are supposed to be "temporary solutions" to things that you ideally would be able to do repeatedly via Beastmen Seals and could ordinarily just look up on the internet if you were so inclined. If the game functioned the way it was supposed to, we wouldn't even need them.

People keep giving me the excuse that "Well people spent time and effort learning which ones were which," but that seems like a lazy excuse, especially when you consider that at some point these BCNMs will work again, and when they do those peoples' time and effort will go out the window anyway. I could also argue that this list should have been public from the start, but hindsight is unfair and all we can do now is look towards the future. Unless Nas has no intention of ever fixing the BCNMs at any point in the future, in which case this is a moot point. I'm assuming he would like to fix them though, since he wouldn't have gone this deep down the rabbit hole just to do things half-assed. He just doesn't strike me as that type of guy.

What is a solution to this? There isn't a perfect solution if we're honest, but this is the best one I've got to offer and would be open to debating it. If you lower the respawn time on these the items that they drop will become worthless because people will spam them, but at the same time that should have been something people could do anyway, and the only cost prohibiting people from doing it in retail was Seals, which most of us have in absurd abundance as it is. (Because we have nothing to use them on.)

On the flip side, we could scratch BCNMs and do all OWNMs, but we should really just pick one avenue and stick to it.

I don't really know anything about the rest of the crap being talked about in this thread, so I won't speak to that.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

Last edited by Gweivyth on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:53 pm 

I'm assuming this thread is directed towards Alpha? Regardless, whether or not it provides any reassurance, we as a LS (and as individuals) are not provided any insider information regarding the projection of this server. This goes for both new content or current content changes. I'm not sure who your source is but you should question their validity. I talk to Nasomi and Deadwing very regularly and, at least with me, they are both very confidential in their efforts. Happy to talk further in-game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:09 pm 

Deadwing wrote:

You don't know what other shells know. Other than a general gist that COP is the next content to get attention, the endgame shells know nothing more than moghouse.

awesome to hear cop is going to get some attention, thanks deadwing! Been waiting for those fights to be awesome again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:50 am 

I feel the need to assist my fellow adventurers of Vanadiel in anyway I can to bring balance wherever it is needed so........ I shall post this awesome recipe for homemade Blueberry Pancakes because ..... who the hell doesn't like blueberry pancakes??!!!!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
1 3/4 cups buttermilk, or as needed
2 large eggs
3 Tbs. melted unsalted butter, plus more for serving
2 cups blueberries
Maple syrup, for serving

Directions:
Preheat an oven to 200°F. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, the eggs and the 3 tablespoons melted butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.

Place a griddle over high heat until hot. (To test, flick a little water onto it. It should skitter across the surface.) Lightly oil the griddle. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more.

Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat until all the batter is used. If the batter begins to thicken, thin it with a bit more buttermilk. Serve the pancakes piping hot, with plenty of butter and syrup. Serves 4.

Variation: To dress up the maple syrup—and enjoy a double dose of berries—in a saucepan, gently simmer 2 cups blueberries with 1 cup maple syrup until the berries start to release their juices, about 5 minutes. ENJOY!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:53 am 

Rubix wrote:
I feel the need to assist my fellow adventurers of Vanadiel in anyway I can to bring balance wherever it is needed so........ I shall post this awesome recipe for homemade Blueberry Pancakes because ..... who the hell doesn't like blueberry pancakes??!!!!

Ingredients:
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
2 large eggs
2 cups blueberries
Maple syrup, for serving

Directions:
Preheat an oven to 200°F. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, the eggs and the 3 tablespoons melted butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.

Place a griddle over high heat until hot. (To test, flick a little water onto it. It should skitter across the surface.) Lightly oil the griddle. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more.

Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat until all the batter is used. If the batter begins to thicken, thin it with a bit more buttermilk. Serve the pancakes piping hot, with plenty of butter and syrup. Serves 4.

Variation: To dress up the maple syrup—and enjoy a double dose of berries—in a saucepan, gently simmer 2 cups blueberries with 1 cup maple syrup until the berries start to release their juices, about 5 minutes. ENJOY!!!!

What's an alternative for buttermilk and butter? I'm hypersensitive to dairy products so they're a no-go for me.

p.s. power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:26 am 

As far as patches fixes upcoming changes I can say almost positively that nobody is given any info on specifics about things, thought it may appear so. Endgame only gets the same vague and sometimes cryptic messages moghouse sees. Some of the endgame shells are pretty hardcore, do a lot of testing and experimenting with mob changes and what have you. Its more through trial and error that what seems like insider info becomes more common knowledge and that does sometimes stay withing a LS group. Some LS groups may be a bit clicky and that doesn't help the optics of it. But I can assure most anyone worried about that issue, nobody is given any advanced notice of anything that could be game breaking or give one group any massive advantage over another.

Also a lot of end game players have been here since the test server. If you don't remember the test server, you're lucky! Most who've been here that long are on their 5th 6th or even higher lvl 75 job, and have run through almost everything available multiple times. I'm not even one of the original players and I've run CoP countless times, finished all but the very last zilart right, rank 10, working on 5th 75 and did a whole bunch of crafting. With all that comes a lot of knowledge about things on the server and you just get a feel for what's coming down the road.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:57 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
Rubix wrote:

Ingredients:
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
2 large eggs
2 cups blueberries
Maple syrup, for serving

Directions:

What's an alternative for buttermilk and butter? I'm hypersensitive to dairy products so they're a no-go for me.

p.s. power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I'm sorry but I am unable to provide the alternative method as that would pose an unfair advantage over said dairy product. This is called "Insider Trading" and is strictly prohibited in both the financial world as well as epic awesome recipes. You will just have to settle for your own self-experimentation. Good luck!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:03 pm 

Maybe it's because I'm southern, but good God, pancakes are just strictly worse waffles. They're like waffles that dropped out of high school and became drug dealers instead of living up to their full potential.

Then again we love chicken and waffles down here so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Down with the pancake menace! Make breakfast great again! #waffles2016

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!