Online: 72
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: It pays to know
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:23 pm 

Gweivyth wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm southern, but good God, pancakes are just strictly worse waffles. They're like waffles that dropped out of high school and became drug dealers instead of living up to their full potential.

Then again we love chicken and waffles down here so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Down with the pancake menace! Make breakfast great again! #waffles2016

BLASPHEMY!!!!!! :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:47 pm 

Gweivyth wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm southern, but good God, pancakes are just strictly worse waffles. They're like waffles that dropped out of high school and became drug dealers instead of living up to their full potential.

Then again we love chicken and waffles down here so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Yeah it may be a demographic thing. Here in New England there is a mix, but perhaps further up north pancakes or (flapjacks) are made for big burly strong lumberjacks. Hehe who knows, just stereotyping. :D

But chicken and waffles, they go together? And do you use syrup on both, or ketchup?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:57 pm 

Galvas wrote:
Gweivyth wrote:

Yeah it may be a demographic thing. Here in New England there is a mix, but perhaps further up north pancakes or (flapjacks) are made for big burly strong lumberjacks. Hehe who knows, just stereotyping. :D

But chicken and waffles, they go together? And do you use syrup on both, or ketchup?

Hell yeah they do!

This here is a chicken and waffle sandwich with maple syrup aioli. The waffle also has bacon cooked into it. It's just about one of the most insane things you can put into your mouth.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:07 pm 

Rubix wrote:
I feel the need to assist my fellow adventurers of Vanadiel in anyway I can to bring balance wherever it is needed so........ I shall post this awesome recipe for homemade Blueberry Pancakes because ..... who the hell doesn't like blueberry pancakes??!!!!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
1 3/4 cups buttermilk, or as needed
2 large eggs
3 Tbs. melted unsalted butter, plus more for serving
2 cups blueberries
Maple syrup, for serving

Directions:
Preheat an oven to 200°F. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, the eggs and the 3 tablespoons melted butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.

Place a griddle over high heat until hot. (To test, flick a little water onto it. It should skitter across the surface.) Lightly oil the griddle. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more.

Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat until all the batter is used. If the batter begins to thicken, thin it with a bit more buttermilk. Serve the pancakes piping hot, with plenty of butter and syrup. Serves 4.

Variation: To dress up the maple syrup—and enjoy a double dose of berries—in a saucepan, gently simmer 2 cups blueberries with 1 cup maple syrup until the berries start to release their juices, about 5 minutes. ENJOY!!!!

Looking forward to trying this before anyone in Moghouse hears about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:45 pm 

^savage af

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:37 am 

Wind crystal
San d'Oria flour x 1
Selbina butter x 1
Baking Soda x1
Rock salt x 1
Bird egg x 1
Maple suger x 3

Makes 1 Cheese cream

Fire crystal
Cheese cream x 4

You get Cheese cake

Ice crystal
Cheese cake x 1
Rolanberry x 4

And you have your Rolanberry Cheesecake.

@ Deadwing any chance you can provide discount for a poor BRD who can barely afford his songs :D