Lobby: Up
Online: 89
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:30 pm 

Jeuno is built as a hub city (it has 4 separate zones to ease congestion), it just needs some more methods of transport.

We don't need to put an Aht Urghan warp in Port Jeuno as there is already one in Upper Jeuno for 300 gil.

The OP warps in Ru'Lude is the next obvious choice.

Fairy (ThoseGuys/LostParadise)
Cerberus (Resurgence)
Phoenix (Beyond/DynamisBums)
Shiva (Apathy)
Nasomi (DraconicBallad)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:34 pm 

Naimah wrote:
Aperture wrote:
Naimah wrote:
There won't be a jeuno hub without separate AHs.

How many more times?

One more, please. For a friend.

I'm not saying this as a solution or the only reason that made Jeuno the main hub in the old days. I think the 3 warps should be restored and Kaiduru-Haiduru fully activated with Ru'lude Gardens & home city warp, also leave the free al zahbi > almost jeuno warp. That will allow players the opportunity to idle in the place of their choice at some cost and have all these zones populated.

I was actually just joking, but after taking a look at the Auction House and how it can be manipulated in this time of looming inflation, I think separating the AH would be a terrible idea. Players could use home nation AHs to 'store' rare items that they buy up and horde them until the price rises. Similar to what happened with Peacock charms when argus was a two hour re-spawn for six months. Not necessarily anything that would break the game, but it encourages some bad economy practices.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:35 pm 

Aperture wrote:
Naimah wrote:
Aperture wrote:

One more, please. For a friend.

I'm not saying this as a solution or the only reason that made Jeuno the main hub in the old days. I think the 3 warps should be restored and Kaiduru-Haiduru fully activated with Ru'lude Gardens & home city warp, also leave the free al zahbi > almost jeuno warp. That will allow players the opportunity to idle in the place of their choice at some cost and have all these zones populated.

I was actually just joking, but after taking a look at the Auction House and how it can be manipulated in this time of looming inflation, I think separating the AH would be a terrible idea. Players could use home nation AHs to 'store' rare items that they buy up and horde them until the price rises. Similar to what happened with Peacock charms when argus was a two hour re-spawn for six months. Not necessarily anything that would break the game, but it encourages some bad economy practices.

What's the Argus spawn now? Same as retail?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 pm 

Yes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:51 pm 

I always kept my HP in Bastok during retail, I tend to often be doing a number of things that OP warps make far more reasonable.
Bastok Mines with a quick MH exit to Port is amazingly effcient.

Losing the quick transit from Bastok to Whitegate is a pain.
The forced run to Jeuno to teleport to Whitegate is a non-era time sink.
Being forced to HP in Whitegate and teleport back to home nations is a non-era forced decision.

I hope the decision is either reconsidered or an outpost NPC placed in Jeuno or Whitegate.

so for what its worth, Make Bastok Great Again (with ToAU warp)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:24 pm 

The part I don’t get is the disabling of the taru that warps you to your home nation. What positive result comes from making it harder to move around?

Inb4 something something have to make the content last longer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:55 pm 

Maybe it was instead of separating the auction houses? That'd be a pretty big blow I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:16 pm 

Hamster wrote:
Maybe it was instead of separating the auction houses? That'd be a pretty big blow I think.

That was never a plan, nor will it ever be I think.

Dodi wrote:
The part I don’t get is the disabling of the taru that warps you to your home nation. What positive result comes from making it harder to move around?

Inb4 something something have to make the content last longer.

It was not disabled, it was never active. It could be coming with the phase 2, quests & NPC, no one can tell but nas.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm 

In the meantime, something that might help some folks out: The Olduum Ring quest/item works, even if the Chocobo NPC at the leypoint doesn't work:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Olduum

It's a 20-hour cooldown and level 60 item, so it's not a total panacea, but it certainly helps (and the quest is pretty easy - go ahead and knock out the BLU flag quest in that room at the same time if you haven't already).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:28 pm 

Naimah wrote:
It was not disabled, it was never active. It could be coming with the phase 2, quests & NPC, no one can tell but nas.

Fair enough, I just assumed when he originally added the TOAU stuff that it was active and he had to disable it. Hopefully he considers activating that sooner rather than later because currently, player movement to and from ToAU areas is clunky at best.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next