Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next
 Post subject: Re: Bst nerfs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:51 pm 

Just wanna point out that the point of 5/5 BA is so you can get lvl 65 jug pets to be level 75, so you have more options, the funguar pet (at least when I played beast back in the day on retail) did a lot of damage, way more than CC. DRK used to have 3 minute duration Last Resort here, when coupled with desperate blow merits and last resort effect/recast merits (which basically gives you berserk and like +20% haste for 3 mins with a 4:10 recast) it was something unintended that completely through off balance of things way more than an elemental staff that takes up 1 inventory slot instead of 8 (and isnt always the best staff for the situation) Which is why its now set to the normal 30 second duration. It was a needed changed and thats coming from me who plays DRK the majority of the time, it was super fun while it lasted, but I knew it needed to be fixed, no other DD could even compare to drk with all that lol.

I understand people are upset but beast isnt useless, not every job has a use in every situation, hence why most people have more than 1 job leveled depending on how much endgame they wanna get invovled in. No different than being any other DD, have use in some stuff and not in some other. Like a monk for example, amazing DD in dynamis and limbus but if you are monk only, and you go to fight a nidhogg, at best you hope you can stand around and Chi blast every few mins, since youd only have 1-2 DDs for a skill chain max.

If you just wanna do dynamis, sky and sea for endgame, beast works just fine, if you wanna do HNM, you fall in the category of all the other DDs where outside of being a SC bot not much of a place in those fights, Its just how the HNM fights go. With ToAU starting to roll out it opens up all kind of DD friendly events (nyzul, assault, salvage, einherjar, etc)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:00 pm 

if someone says era one more time.
check your gears.
check your crafting.
check your food.

this is not era this is nasomi

and anyone who feel bst is "fine" you wouldn't be if you lost like all functionality of your job. balance is in order.

there is not a single role a bst can play now that another job can't do better at 75. 1-74 bst is fine afterward bst become useless. there is nothing a bst can do to increase it's functionality after 75 so no merit would be spended on bst.

if bst was bad "era" like then era was wrong. sorry die hard fans of the game. but everything in the world have it's flaws and if we do the same thing over and over then we are bots not human.
take the best things from something and leave it's flaws you don't need to kill a job to feel amazing LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:04 pm 

era

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:07 pm 

Get a lvl 75 funguar jug with BA, dont TP ina charm set deck out your TP and WS gear and be a bad ass DD in dynamis or limbus and out damaging people in your ls that think they are better than you without putting time into their job? BST can do a lot of stuff that a normal DD can not, you are DD that can help your group out by doing some tricky pet pulls, or holding a statue with your pet til your mages can get to it while you are still beating on the beastman alongside the wars, mnks, drgs, drks in your dyna run. You also still have the ability to solo a lot of NMs that the majority of jobs can not still.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:08 pm 

i think it was fair like it was compared what other jobs can do

with allowed dualboxing and a thf + rdm or nin + rdm can do alot i think 2 x bst should be able do the same

so many other stuff is broken here like this

Tiamat Jormys abilitys Horrid Roar and Absolute Terror not working doing the fights who should be hard is EZmode atm

I never seen any 9 man party Kill tiamat in 40 min 2005

Then recast time for Ni Ichi with 2 x march + haste you have a shadow speed so you never go out on shadows you not even have to use more then Ni here tanking most times when it was timing needed to keep shadows up in retail 2005

Also relics compared to normal best weapons is huge diffrence where it should be maybe 10% more from relic weapons its like 40% more output here

CC who is a PLD Pet should do some better then it is now

Last edited by Achisweden on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 pm 

But seriously: From what I’ve heard, BST is now functioning correctly. If you wanted to play the game as a broken job, that’s unfortunate, but I’m glad he didn’t allow it to continue.

“There’s nothing a BST can do that another job can’t do better” .. correct. That’s finally accurate. BST wasn’t really a job that you brought to end game stuff. BST’s used BST to farm, or low man certain things with another BST group. You weren’t supposed to bring your level 85 pet to tank Vrtra, lol.

I’m sorry that you guys spent a lot of time meriting something that was so clearly overpowered, because that actually does suck balls, but Nas will always attempt to make the game more like the era it’s intended to be with mechanics and jobs. Chat and Iridal staves exist for a reason, and if he’d like to remove them he certainly can. My Chat staff doesn’t allow me and another 3 of me kill mobs that are supposed to require an alliance.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:13 pm 

come on guys u know BST has never been a Endgame job , is more a solo farming , and niche on some Bcnms and whatnot , it has still some uses , but expecting otherwise....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:22 pm 

I demand era like remove all the gears that are not "suppose" to exist.
cap the crafting
remove all the not era like food

I didn't play era. but people didn't even wanted era. there is no complain that oh crafting is out of era. those ownms that is farmed daily are out of era.

you shouldn't be able to do cop with careless selection of groups.

come on man is it so hard to let others have fun? there will be your jobs time too LOL.

accurate means nothing when thousands of things are inaccurate. even if era was fine it had a good ecosystem that worked. here many things are broken. and to "fix" bst when you can't even ride a boat normal is just "out of era" LOL.
even enemy lvl is out of era.

it's not about bst ability to do end game stuff or not. it's about bst ability to be able to do one single thing better than another job.

best tricky puller is smn not bst

Last edited by meisam on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:40 pm 

Goblin Slayer wrote:
now he has to get rid of all those retarded OWNMs that nobody uses make gobs drop lightning crystals and fix BLM to make things more era accurate.

he should,it's lame to have them now that we have most bcnm

Also, I've always been bst main , and will continue this way, bst was too overpowered and a nerf was neccesary, could easily solo most content with ease due to BA and mulsums

BUT he should add snarl and pet healing when on "stay" to be retail-like :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:43 pm 

Waaaaaah

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next