Lobby: Up
Online: 82
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:13 am 

Did a quick search on WikiNas/forum and didn't see any details on this, so thought I would put up a post about it, in the hopes it might inspire more use of it somehow.

You don't HAVE to go into the menus to set up comments... you can do it psuedo command style from the chat line, or you can set them up in a macro to put up comments for missions and such every time you log in.

The base commands for managing them are /seacom and /seacomup, but you can also use their abbreviations /sc and /scu to save space in the macros. You use parameters between the command and your message to designate where the comments will go. If you don't designate positions, they may windup under experience party/others or something like that, so it is good to use the flags to make sure it goes where you want.

First, you would put the comment up with /seacom or /sc with this format (note, the quotes)

/sc 1 "comment"

What this should do is put it up under expparty (the default category), under seeking. If that is what you want, then nothing more need be done. Using the number 2 moves it to the second option you see under expparty in the menus, 3 to the next...

If you want it to show in another category, you can use /scu, putting the category before the number (note the number functions the same, 1 will be seeking, 3 for other). for example:

/scu battlecontent 1

And now the fun part. With a macro, you can post the same comment to multiple categories... with a single button press. For some reason, it can get a bit flakey if you just list them all back to back though. I have noticed it works more consistently if I put in wait statements. So, for example, you can write a macro that posts the same comment to Missions/Quests, Battle Content, and Other under seeking in a single macro with this format:

Quote:
/sc 1 "Comment"
/scu battlecontent 1
/wait1
/scu mission&quest
/wait 1
/scu others 1

Note that this specific order seems to prevent the listing from showing up under expparty at all (at least, for my system it does).

I noticed when running these commands individually from chatline when seeking the right syntax for the categories here (retail documentation is a bit different), I wound up with it under all 4 categories (expparty, battlecontent, mission&quest, and others). When I didn't use wait statements in a macro, it would show up in 2, 3, 1 categories... a bit random how many posted--and to which category.

It will accept an extended format with /scu that is supposed to allow you to post your comment directly under a category (/scu "battlecontent" 1 comment), but it was very inconsistent in posting it properly. It would give the "Registration completed" message, but it would not consistently put the messages up. This specific format seemed to work best to keep it off of expparty and just under the other 3 categories, which is what I wanted to do for posting about missions and stuff like that.

I used this a good bit in retail myself, and am glad to see it is somewhat functional here as well. Hope it proves useful for some of you guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:33 pm 

Search comments don't automatically clear when you log out, so there is no need to set them up each time you log in. You do, however, need to clear (or update) comments when they are out of date. To clear comments, proceed as if you are going to set a comment but leave it blank.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm 

HarleyM wrote:
Search comments don't automatically clear when you log out, so there is no need to set them up each time you log in. You do, however, need to clear (or update) comments when they are out of date. To clear comments, proceed as if you are going to set a comment but leave it blank.

The macro (and chat line) usage is still helpful though, as you can set macros for the different things you want to do. One for rank missions, one for CoP, etc. Update the relevant macro as you progress, update your comment posting with a single button press.

Haven't looked into how it all works here with multiple lines yet, but in retail you could also designate the line number, so you could update just line 2 on the fly from the chat line without moving through the menus.

The point of this was the commands had great utility in retail and are also somewhat functional here as well.