Lobby: Up
Online: 90
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: PW gear buyback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:38 am 

I miss you Oddin :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:42 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
ChaseandFreeze wrote:
1. I'm with you on #2 about the retail fight. Would be a really fun and long fight.

2. This isn't retail. This is Nasomi. Players who have been loyal have seen EVERY nerf possible and are still around. This dude just released ToaU exp, that's unreal!

3. More Hachi Body + Nana SAMs are wearing NQ snipers, spike necklaces, voyager sallets, beetle earrings, NQ Amemet, etc. than BiS gear. That doesn't seem right, does it? My eyes bleed.

4. Re-read #3 for clarity.

5. MNK is by far the biggest job hurting from this being removed. NIN, SAM, RNG shouldn't even lose sleep. I guess they will if they're wearing the gear I listed above.

6. The server is about to grow by 1k more players AT LEAST. In 2016, Gilocaust with 500 active players people stuck around. If people quit over this easy decision, you'll see more Valkurm Dunes complaints of not enough camps. Good riddance, snowflakes.

Yeah I gotcha. I didn't quote your stuff cause I felt they were unrelated but I digged the numbering system of making points you did.

That just doesn’t really speak to my two concerns all that much, man. I’m also not someone mad and shitposting about taking shit away..

The things I listed for my concerns, I haven’t heard anyone adequately explain why those shouldn’t be concerns.

Your #3 I agree with, and why I don’t understand how Nas can say he just learned about the state of PW lol

https://topshelf.team/recruitment/
TS Fantasy Football Champion 2019

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:43 am 

Epyon wrote:
I miss you Oddin :lol:

/wave :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:44 am 

ChaseandFreeze wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
ChaseandFreeze wrote:
1. I'm with you on #2 about the retail fight. Would be a really fun and long fight.

2. This isn't retail. This is Nasomi. Players who have been loyal have seen EVERY nerf possible and are still around. This dude just released ToaU exp, that's unreal!

3. More Hachi Body + Nana SAMs are wearing NQ snipers, spike necklaces, voyager sallets, beetle earrings, NQ Amemet, etc. than BiS gear. That doesn't seem right, does it? My eyes bleed.

5. MNK is by far the biggest job hurting from this being removed. NIN, SAM, RNG shouldn't even lose sleep. I guess they will if they're wearing the gear I listed above.

6. The server is about to grow by 1k more players AT LEAST. In 2016, Gilocaust with 500 active players people stuck around. If people quit over this easy decision, you'll see more Valkurm Dunes complaints of not enough camps. Good riddance, snowflakes.

Yeah I gotcha. I didn't quote your stuff cause I felt they were unrelated but I digged the numbering system of making points you did.

That just doesn’t really speak to my two concerns all that much, man. I’m also not someone mad and shitposting about taking shit away..

The things I listed for my concerns, I haven’t heard anyone adequately explain why those shouldn’t be concerns.

Your #3 I agree with, and why I don’t understand how Nas can say he just learned about the state of PW lol

Lol I love you

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:51 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
ChaseandFreeze wrote:

Your second concern shouldn't be a concern moving from this point forward. Nasomi has shut him down I'm sure and PW will not be back until Nasomi is satisfied with the results of many tests that will be conducted on it in the meantime.

As for your first concern, welcome to our world (meaning the older players who had to play through the minefield that was all the broken content of yesteryear). I'd say anything that has to do with what was announced as being worked on (ZNM, Assault, Nyzul Isle) won't be a problem when it is released. As I stated above, Nasomi will undoubtedly test and retest everything before opening it up to the masses to then be further tested like he did with BCNMs and some of the HNMs before. As for the random ToAU NMs, I would say you should check with Nasomi and see if any you're interested in have been looked at/worked on and if not, proceed to camp and kill the NMs and then report your findings directly to Nasomi. The more information he has, the better off everyone else will be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:11 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
I think it’s disingeuous for vets to argue that PW gear should be removed because it was obtained by people knowing that the fight wasn’t retail accurate, and that the entire punishment is placed upon people that own the gear instead of those that actually fought the broken fight an d sold it.

That being said, Nathano was legit so stupid earlier that I actually don’t care. I didnt buy my shit, and I’ll just get it back obviously. It doesn’t really impact me much.

My concern is two-fold:

1. The onus is now on LS determining randomly if a fight is retail accurate to decide whether they should even bother with content because Nas has the communication skills of a mute 3 year old, and he also isn’t just going to remove loot tables or break mobs he doesn’t want us to kill. Heninstead arbitrarily decides when he’s had enough, and pretends like he’s suddenly finding out that every 75 SAM on the server having Hachi and Nana shouldnt have told him PW was easily being killed.

2. The odds that PW is correctly coded to be retail accurate, when it was a really a challenging and complex fight, and Nas is notably not considered an amazing coder? Basically nil. So.. does he remove all the gear again? Does he add it back when he thinks it’s fixed, and then we all get our gear before he realizes it’s not again... does he delete everything a second time? Same question for basically every other ToAU mob in the game.

Think you meant you quote him, Oddin. I gotchu bro.

https://topshelf.team/recruitment/
TS Fantasy Football Champion 2019

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:22 am 

Oddin wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
ChaseandFreeze wrote:

Your second concern shouldn't be a concern moving from this point forward. Nasomi has shut him down I'm sure and PW will not be back until Nasomi is satisfied with the results of many tests that will be conducted on it in the meantime.

As for your first concern, welcome to our world (meaning the older players who had to play through the minefield that was all the broken content of yesteryear). I'd say anything that has to do with what was announced as being worked on (ZNM, Assault, Nyzul Isle) won't be a problem when it is released. As I stated above, Nasomi will undoubtedly test and retest everything before opening it up to the masses to then be further tested like he did with BCNMs and some of the HNMs before. As for the random ToAU NMs, I would say you should check with Nasomi and see if any you're interested in have been looked at/worked on and if not, proceed to camp and kill the NMs and then report your findings directly to Nasomi. The more information he has, the better off everyone else will be.

I don't understand why you think now, in December of 2018, you suddenly believe in Nasomi's ability to actually test things.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean welcome to your world. He's never taken anything away from anyone because of broken content, besides the gil the one time. Your final two sentences literally made me laugh out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:32 am 

cuz bst kill it and its expoilt if this was just hnmls doing it then its legit or semi legit or path and move on lmao

Attachments:
1A9815F8-3B8E-45E3-B2F5-4E30438866B9.jpeg
1A9815F8-3B8E-45E3-B2F5-4E30438866B9.jpeg [ 13.67 KiB | Viewed 2488 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 am 

Karem is forever undefeated

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:48 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Oddin wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:

I don't understand why you think now, in December of 2018, you suddenly believe in Nasomi's ability to actually test things.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean welcome to your world. He's never taken anything away from anyone because of broken content, besides the gil the one time. Your final two sentences literally made me laugh out loud.

Because I've been here long enough and I've seen how the server was and how it is now. I've seen the multitude of fixes he has implemented. Hell, even the custom things he has added such as White Coney and OWNMs. When he actually does work on something, he doesn't release it haphazardly. He will make sure it meets his standards and then release it.

And yes, he has taken things away from people before. Vbelts were taken away from a lot of people after KA broke one day and started instantly respawning. Another example would be the Experience Rings after SE super buffed them. Instead of reverting them back to their old values, he just blocked them and only allows them for special occasions now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next