Lobby: Up
Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Valkrim emporer hunting
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:01 pm 

I have searched forums and have not found what I am looking for. Are there any camping posts or guides for this NM?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 pm 

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Valkurm_Emperor

Tons of useful info there that is still mostly-accurate for Nasomi. The big difference as far as I know is that the placeholder is likely not the same mob they reference (there’s still only one, but I couldn’t tell you which fly in the list it will be.. and it’s tough to keep track as most people just gather and kill all the flies at once).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:23 am 

all 6 flies on the beach are placeholder. emp's spawn locations are also all over the entire beach, from the far eastern wall to the far western wall where the ghoul and far fly pops.

the northern fly isnt a placeholder (the one at the top of the group of 3 on wide scan) and emp appears at the bottom (iirc, could be top) of the group of 4 flies on scan.

after it dies it cant pop again for an hour.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:55 pm 

Thank you for the info!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 pm 

Things must have changed, because when I camped it over a year ago there was a specific single PH.

Fairy (ThoseGuys/LostParadise)
Cerberus (Resurgence)
Phoenix (Beyond/DynamisBums)
Shiva (Apathy)
Nasomi (DraconicBallad)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:15 pm 

Therin wrote:
Things must have changed, because when I camped it over a year ago there was a specific single PH.

Never been the case AFAIK, the fact they're all PH means you can kill only one of them over and over and get it to pop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 am 

When camping this NM make sure to have Flee,wide scan to help your chances of claiming and finding it in time before others do Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:03 pm 

Unless you have THF45/BST20, for TH2, Flee, Widescan, and Charm, don’t bother going. Even then, don’t bother going. You won’t get the claim over people who practically live there and have a bunch of additional movespeed from THF AF boots, strider boots and mazurka.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 pm 

Nah, its still possible. My lv 11 monk friend got it over the 75's there, cause it popped way close to selbina. He died. LOL BUT i knew where he died so I ran there and it was up chilling. I claimed it and then the other 75's noticed. Killed and got pin for him. So dont lost hope if there are 75's there.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:55 am 

mello wrote:
Unless you have THF45/BST20, for TH2, Flee, Widescan, and Charm, don’t bother going. Even then, don’t bother going. You won’t get the claim over people who practically live there and have a bunch of additional movespeed from THF AF boots, strider boots and mazurka.

Showing up to camp anything with a defeatist attitude like this hampers your progress more than lacking tools other players have.

Everytime I've camped the Emperor I've been the one killing the placeholders. Because I was the one killing the PHs, I was the one that got the claim because I knew what rotation I was killing the placeholders in. VE popped right in front of me, others only knew after the pop when it turned up on Widescan and showed up in time to watch me kill it (or vice versa).

The first time I was level 29 rdm/ 14 whm. I popped it for kicks n grins just to see if I could kill it. It killed me. The second time I was 35 rdm/17 thf (for TH, I never used flee) out for revenge. I put up a Hell of a fight, but ultimately the Emperor won this fight too. There was another person camping against me, when I saw things looking bleak I dragged it the Emperor over to them and did what damage I could before the fly took me out. I the next 2 or 3 attempts I won the fight, never got out claimed, but also never got the drop. I figured at this point I had put more time into camping it than it would've taken me to farm for the pin, so I cut my losses and farmed the gil for it rather than driving myself crazy over 3 dex and 3 agility. Besides, I've killed the fly more times than it killed me so...I can let it go now that dominance has been established.