Lobby: Up
Online: 89
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:06 am 

So this entire week I have been exping pretty much in the Elshimo Lowlands. Tonight I went there and Windy was in the lead so I grinded it to a point where Sandy was in the lead. And about 20 minutes before conquest tally, Sandy went from almost full to 0 and windy went from 1/4 to 3/4. There were no windy people there at all in the last 45 minutes before Tally. During those last 20 I was the only one there and Sandy got 0 gains and BAM! Windy owns it.

How is this even possible? If there is no point to trying to win conquest in a region, and it is just random, fine. I got exp and made money, but it is really disappointing and a little maddening. I would have understood if I was competing against other players at the time but I was not.

Last edited by Zephton on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:12 am 

Truth be told, I don't think anyone outside of admins knows how it works. It's not completely random, or else windy would have more than the 1-2 abysmal zones a week. Are you sure there was no one else killing in SSG or trading equipment to op guards?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 am 

I do not know how the conquest system works but in earlier days of the server we set sync parties with 6 bastok members (my home nation) and exped there for like 2 hours on the last day before tally to make the area ours and gain access to the OP. Worth to shout in Moghouse LS to find others who need the OP you do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:29 am 

Which would be fine to do, but being overtaken by Windy and losing all sandy points in the last 20 minutes w/o any windy people in the zone the whole time, I checked every 5 minutes. I think there was a 75 windy person there for like 5 minutes at one point. It was just weird.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:31 am 

Cilarnen wrote:
Truth be told, I don't think anyone outside of admins knows how it works. It's not completely random, or else windy would have more than the 1-2 abysmal zones a week. Are you sure there was no one else killing in SSG or trading equipment to op guards?

I didnt check SSG its always possible there was a large group there in the last 20 minutes, hard to say. It was beatman controlled so no OP guards to trade to. Hopefully that is all it was.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:41 am 

Soloing exp wont help. When we got our OPs we made a lot of exp. I am not able to provide a number but if there was really a random there would only be one person able to tell you. Just try the nation exp group thing. Make about 80 - 100k exp total in group. Solo players shouldnt be able to beat it and def enough to kick the beastmen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:41 pm 

Had a similar experience with Aragoneu. I solo'd there literally the entire week, had Bastok WAY ahead of everybody else, but when tally time came through, San d'Oria had control.

I was pretty confused. It was at that point that I chalked it up to being at least semi-random.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 pm 

Partying with everyone(or most) from same nation for 1-2 hours before the tally is what works best from what I've seen. I don't know if it drops off too soon or if beastmen take over too fast, but either way partying with others from your nation for awhile before the tally will get your nation the region.