Lobby: Up
Online: 67
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:57 pm 

What's really feasible and still getting the point across would be naming and shaming in a forum post, ala old school BlueGartr gimp threads.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:17 pm 

Baldr wrote:
karem wrote:
when im SAM exp pt everyone else can have sh;t gear

I only wish my PUP will carry that hard

well once nas “fix” pup im sure u can baldr (enjoy the job to the fullest not grinding the job to the fullest right)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:25 pm 

Aramiltaru wrote:
bengeeman wrote:
Guscles wrote:

Thanks for participating in show and tell. You really shared your comprehensive ability buddy.

8-)

your idea stinks and will only serve to stir up toxicity and elitism within a community focused game. Yes, some people's gear sucks. Just stop inviting them.

That's the purpose of the tool he's asking for... So he can stop inviting them...

I'm aware of that. Thanks for explaining.

What about when people are fishing while seeking PT? You gonna ask them to go get their gear on so you can make sure they meet your standards?

How about people who are crafting?

People who are soloing and wearing a different gear set?

This game incorporates so much gear swapping that this tool is going to end up causing more issues than it solves.

Can you imagine the load on a Homebrew server that needs to update every single time someone changes gear? When I'm exping, my gear changes a hundred times. Multiply that by 500 other players.

Might as well just start listing your best pieces in SEACOM which most people don't even know how to use anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:50 pm 

bengeeman wrote:
Aramiltaru wrote:
bengeeman wrote:

8-)

your idea stinks and will only serve to stir up toxicity and elitism within a community focused game. Yes, some people's gear sucks. Just stop inviting them.

That's the purpose of the tool he's asking for... So he can stop inviting them...

What about when people are fishing while seeking PT? You gonna ask them to go get their gear on so you can make sure they meet your standards?

This game incorporates so much gear swapping that this tool is going to end up causing more issues than it solves.

Can you imagine the load on a Homebrew server that needs to update every single time someone changes gear? When I'm exping, my gear changes a hundred times. Multiply that by 500 other players.

Might as well just start listing your best pieces in SEACOM which most people don't even know how to use anyways.

As mentioned previously in this thread. Yes, if you're going to party then be ready to party. Wear your party gear. Plain and simple. I would rather have to do that than get get invited by some under geared sad excused of warrior / axe war. This tool will fix everything. And guess what, another solution would be the party leader has a brain and says "hey, switch to your party gear real quick so i can check it out". You think that will be difficult? Not at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:42 pm 

bengeeman wrote:

I think that's good advice, more players should know how to set their search comments and mention what's their weapon and best pieces of gear.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:17 pm 

Guscles wrote:
bengeeman wrote:
Aramiltaru wrote:

As mentioned previously in this thread. Yes, if you're going to party then be ready to party. Wear your party gear. Plain and simple. I would rather have to do that than get get invited by some under geared sad excused of warrior / axe war. This tool will fix everything. And guess what, another solution would be the party leader has a brain and says "hey, switch to your party gear real quick so i can check it out". You think that will be difficult? Not at all.

I like the idea of this website tool, I liked it on my old server and I like it on FFXIAH. I don’t want it for the reasons stated though, what player in their right mind would even use it whilst partying? Just adds more effort to an already annoying process, if by chance you invite someone that is either shitty or under geared just remember their name and don’t invite them again... it’s not hard I do it all the time. This feature is/should be used just to show off what you have endgame not used as a tool when partying low level, I’d prefer someone with shittyish gear that eats food to one with decentish gear and no food.

Now that that’s out of the way, I find it funny that you’re the one making this thread and for the reasons you state. Every time you have invited me to party you have been under geared, lacking of skill and toxic as heck. Guaranteed you had just had one of your classic terrible parties and made this thread out of anger, at a certain point you surely have to start wondering if maybe you’re the problem?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:51 pm 

bengeeman wrote:
Aramiltaru wrote:
bengeeman wrote:

8-)

There are so many wrong assumptions this post. Literally none of those things are actual problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:03 pm 

Aramiltaru wrote:
bengeeman wrote:
Aramiltaru wrote:

There are so many wrong assumptions this post. Literally none of those things are actual problems.

Let's agree to disagree then. Gday

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:27 pm 

bengeeman wrote:

I'm very thankful you don't write code for a living

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm 

just to point the other side of the coin:

ppl ask for good gear , but u go camp NM for hours only to be outclaimed by the other 100 camping (or no drop) , or bored to tears after hours, thats FFXI NM for u and its ok.

farm gil and buy it? but, a friend of mine joined some days ago , and has been gaining gil , but prices are going up on all he wanted to buy (in 2-3days) , from 900k to 1.2m , from 400 to 600k ....from 300 to 500k and the list goes on , once he farmed to buy something its has gone up by 200-300k....and back to farm again only to see it go up again im sure...dunno why prices are skyrocketing but he is about to quit out of frustration , he cant level up because he want to gear up (dont want to be gimped) and he cant gear up because once he gains the gil to buy something has gone up in price....

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next