Lobby: Up
Online: 72
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 618 Next
 Post subject: Re: RMT flagging issues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:34 pm 

Lustera wrote:
Pretty sure there's no room for interpretation on that. That's exactly what dualboxing is.

Hmmm. 100% sure you're wrong on that one, try again. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:35 pm 

Lustera wrote:
I didn't call him any names, I criticized his policies which is a valid complaint. I call you all names for defending his policies.

And yes there's something wrong with dualboxing, straight from the rules page:

• Controlling two characters at once through any means at all is prohibited.

Also I have been messaging Nas on the daily with reminders, but seeing as how NasChat just crashed entirely, I'm guessing I'm out of whatever imaginary queue I hypothetically was in.

I've been waiting for 5 days now so I'm equally as upset with the wait times but there is not much you can do about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:36 pm 

That's the most pedantic definition I've ever seen lol. What a server this is, I get jailed for no given reason and there are people out there benefiting from a semantics loophole getting double everything. Now I will take my time to insult Nas and call him an absolute assclown.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:40 pm 

Lustera wrote:
Now I will take my time to insult Nas and call him an absolute assclown.

Players have tried to inform you and you keep lashing out.

I am now convinced you are guilty of whatever you were jailed for, and I wish Petz would appear to lock this tantrum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm 

The dual boxing rule refers to using software and/or hardware to control both characters simultaneously. That is against the rules. Dual boxing, alt-tabbing between character to control them individually is perfectly fine and is a fairly common practice among the population. Only people who get their panties in a twist about it, are those that can't be bothered in the time investment to do it themselves and rely on the strict wording of the rules argument, which is nonsense, as if you read it properly and know what dual boxing is, you are doing what I previously explained, controlling them individually.

We understand you're angry and upset about your situation, but spreading misinformation doesn't help anyone and it's part the reason why some people mistakenly believe all these dual boxers are cheaters/exploiters because they read some retaliatory rant on the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 pm 

Lustera wrote:
That's the most pedantic definition I've ever seen lol. What a server this is, I get jailed for no given reason and there are people out there benefiting from a semantics loophole getting double everything. Now I will take my time to insult Nas and call him an absolute assclown.

Were you born stupid or is something that's developed over time?

There is no loophole, the fact that you do not understand the rules is no one's fault but your own.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm 

Lustera wrote:

It's not a semantic loophole you idiot. If you're having to alt-tab or use Switchmon which is linked in the F$K#ing download page then you are not controlling 2 characters at the same time .... "At the same time" refers to 1 input affecting both clients. 1/2 a second later, or 1 second later, is not "at the SAME time", it's at a DIFFERENT time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:44 pm 

Well consider me educated on the topic of dual boxing then. I guess I'll go start up an alt to be competitive on this wonderful server our glorious leader has blessed upon us once he graciously lets me out of jail for the alleged crime I've yet to be informed of.

Praise Nas!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 pm 

He really needs to change the wording on that rule. Constant morons that don't know how to read the ENTIRE rule page and just quoting one line from it is so annoying. I realize by even responding to this dumb thread, I'm sort of part of the problem. But you dummies really need to stop making forum posts about this. Thinking you got flagged for rmt over leaping boots and an emp pin is just silly. Something else happened. I have handed numerous real life friends millions of gil, lent my kraken club to some of them even and somehow I've never been flagged for anything. Because he can tell the difference. Shut up and wait. The man will never assign people to help with this sort of thing. He doesn't make money here. Between DDos protection and generators running to keep us all happy, he's probably invested 6 figures into this thing. Shut up and wait.

Edit: 6 figures.. I meant 6 figures.. lol

Last edited by Aeroo on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 pm 

Why not put a link of the discussion by it? It will help a lot of confusion.

I am new to FFXI and I certainly thought that meant dual boxing. If you look at the discussion it goes into huge detail on what exactly it means and yeah I get it now, but before how I perceived it mostly certainly sounded like dual boxing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 618 Next