Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:35 pm 

Based on his Q&A last night, Nas puts borderline zero value in OP warps lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:40 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
There’s one, and only one, definitive solution and reason why Jeuno was a hub in retail. It was because the AH were only linked in Jeuno.

That’s it, full stop.

This

As long as there is an Outpost Teleporter and Auction House I don't care where a main hub is, the sheer amount of time they save is astounding. I already played this years ago and seen all the sights so anything to avoid waiting 30-60 minutes for people to arrive at an XP party camp is gucci.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:45 pm 

Riosu wrote:
Concepcion wrote:
jeuno was only a hub because people didn’t have outpost warps or they weren’t aware of them. I remember it shifted back to the three cities once those were more well-known. I prefer the three main cities each being a hub, and would hate it if Juno was the hub.

Indeed. People weren't aware. Is there a specific reason that you don't want a Jeuno hub? Would an Aht Urghan hub be better? Or no hub at all?

Sorry I edited my post to add the reason. It would be too crowded. The auction houses are already laggy in some of the crowded cities.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:51 pm 

Zadok wrote:
Based on his Q&A last night, Nas puts borderline zero value in OP warps lol.

That's why I listed some examples. They're superior for transport, hands down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:55 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Riosu wrote:
Concepcion wrote:
jeuno was only a hub because people didn’t have outpost warps or they weren’t aware of them. I remember it shifted back to the three cities once those were more well-known. I prefer the three main cities each being a hub, and would hate it if Juno was the hub.

Indeed. People weren't aware. Is there a specific reason that you don't want a Jeuno hub? Would an Aht Urghan hub be better? Or no hub at all?

Sorry I edited my post to add the reason. It would be too crowded. The auction houses are already laggy in some of the crowded cities.

This is a legit reason. It would be very laggy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:38 pm 

As someone who’s mostly leveled everything beyond the early zones, I’d much rather him put an OP warp in whitegate lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:15 pm 

I am someone who enjoys immersing myself in game worlds.

I agree with Nasomi's view that the world does need some travel aspect to feel alive and reduce crowding. During these "tedious" runs through zones, we might encounter fellow adventurers that may need help. It adds the aspect of random encounters, creating situations where we interact with each other, and makes the world feel more expansive. I've made a few real life friends from simple random encounters while running through zones.

Starter nations feel like home and offer the outpost warps to get you somewhat close to where you want to go. You start at home and decide what you want to do today, prepare, then head out on your adventure.

I feel as though Jeuno and/or Whitegate are places to go when you're looking for members (or looking for a group) for a higher level mission or quest. It's not a long run from Qufim OP from your home nation to get to these areas if that's what your goal is. In retail, we also had party members/linkshell mates shout in different areas to get a wider audience if needed.

That's how I feel on the matter, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:48 pm 

Whitegate sucks. Nasomi should make shouts in Jeuno go through all 4 zones and possibly allow teleportation to your home nation, maybe after rank 5 as an alternative to airship. Would drive people to get rank 5 too, lazy ass rank 2 sandorians

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:50 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Outpost warper in Jeuno by the Lower Jeuno AH.

Done. Hub city.

He has the code for it. It's just a decision away.

Seems like a no-brainer. I thought months ago you told me that this wasn't possible. Did something change!?

Also just a quick idea that came to me. Make warp scrolls only purchasable from jeuno guards.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:50 pm 

Nothing should ever be taken away from people that they had in retail in this era

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next