Lobby: Up
Online: 90
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:21 am 

I've found ways to make Jeuno work. I had to when I switched my home nation to Windurst and had 0 OPs to teleport to. I've left it that way even though I returned to Bastok immediately after getting the Conquest Vendor item I wanted to play with the concept some.

At the moment I'm actually using upper Jeuno, the home point right across from Ajithaam as my home point. If I need a warp scroll, Emitt the Jeuno guard is right there. The auction house is a shorter trek than going from N. Sandy MH than to the S. Sandy AH. I can run right down to qufim to fish while LFG. Tele-taxis can be scarce, but usually it only takes a few minutes to catch a ride. And if I do need to access OP warps for some reason, I can either ride to Meriphataud or walk across Qufim, OP warp to my home nation, then OP warp out from there. Which is arguably no worse than traveling through Qufim & Jeuno to get to Whitegate.

When I'm on my way to an XP party in a TOAU area I'm generally glad my Home Point is Jeuno. When I'm XPing in an RotZ/CoP zone or doing literally anything else in those areas, I legitimately regret that decision and seriously reconsider it because usually time is not on my side. Travel really isn't much more difficult, it just reverts the section of the game you spend time travelling to. It does make it a bit more expensive...having to OP warp home, just to OP warp somewhere else, or cough up gil for a tele taxi/chocobo both of which seem more expensive on average than OP warps. Guess it just depends what end of the game you'll be spending more time in...I think once DRK is 75 I'll be going back home to Bastok.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:38 am 

Personally I'm in favor of making the tele-home nation npc work in Whitegate. If they did that I feel like everyone would set their HP there. All guilds. Exp areas. Plus an easy warp home.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:09 am 

We can talk about this forever but the solution is really simple , the only way to make an Hub different from home nations is to add Outpost warp npc to that zone or add an npc that tele you to home nation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm 

PasqualeOmega wrote:
We can talk about this forever but the solution is really simple , the only way to make an Hub different from home nations is to add Outpost warp npc to that zone or add an npc that tele you to home nation.

This.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:55 pm 

If you want it like retail, disconnect the AH. People will stay in Jeuno and run back to home nations to OP. Just like we did in retail. In reality, it doesn't affect us too much, adds a couple minutes to our treks but whatever. Not game breaking, really.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 pm 

Tsukkasa wrote:
If you want it like retail, disconnect the AH. People will stay in Jeuno and run back to home nations to OP. Just like we did in retail. In reality, it doesn't affect us too much, adds a couple minutes to our treks but whatever. Not game breaking, really.

Or, if you don't spend the majority of your time buying/selling, you'll home point in your Home Nation and run to Jeuno when you need to buy something that you can't find in San d'Oria. This is what I did on retail. Which is the exactly the same as it is now, except the ToAU NPCs don't work.

I'm in favor of fixing the nation ToAU warp NPCs and disconnecting the AH.

Fairy (ThoseGuys/LostParadise)
Cerberus (Resurgence)
Phoenix (Beyond/DynamisBums)
Shiva (Apathy)
Nasomi (DraconicBallad)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:41 pm 

Having 3 tidals now gives me no reason to have Jeuno HP.. I never have to go to Jeuno more than 3 times per day unless maybe I'm doing something specific on the weekend.

I wish Nas saw how much OP warps are actually the main form of transportation. Not chocobos.. and definitely NOT airships.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:02 pm 

tl;dr: easiest way to make whitegate a hub is to add the whitegate home city warper. easiest way to make jeuno a hub is to disconnect the AHs.

Summarizing what people have said so far:

Q: Why was Jeuno the Hub during Zilart/CoP?

A: Because regionally disconnected Auction Houses meant Jeuno was a major market area and the home cities weren't. (Players were willing to take slightly more time to get to OPs/Crafting Guilds/etc. in order to have easier access to the central AH).

Q: Why was Aht Urghan the Hub during AU?

A: Because it was regionally connected to the Jeuno Auction House *and* home city OPs were now an Imperial Silver Piece away; also Besieged was important b/c of Sanction Refresh.

Q: Why does none of this apply to Nasomi?

A: Because Southern San D'Oria is the same AH as lower jeuno, Besieged isn't functional, and the Teleporter NPC in Whitegate isn't functional.

~

Players are rational about their homepoints most of the time; the reason it was different during retail era vs. today is because of the features that are *different*, not the features that are the same. Nasomi is different than retail because players are no longer required to choose between easy market access and OPs - you can just have both.

If you didn't have access to Jeuno AH from San D'Oria, Jeuno would be the hub, if Jeuno was the hub you'd take whm-teleports and chocobos more because OPs would be an airship away, bending the time curve.

If we had access to the whitegate home city warp, we'd probably all move to whitegate when beseiged is implemented. (at least 55-75s).

Quote:
I wish Nas saw how much OP warps are actually the main form of transportation. Not chocobos.. and definitely NOT airships.

This is because of the AH thing though - if we were in Jeuno for market reasons, we'd OP less and Chocobo / Airship more. (when bastok is two airships away it's faster to OP to gusta and walk; when it's one airship away it's faster to airship.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:10 pm 

Is there any plan to add besieged? Im finding hardly anything on it but would love to see it happen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:37 pm 

Just let me warp from starter cities to whitegate ( lure of wildcats)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next