Lobby: Up
Online: 41
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:00 pm 

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread pop up yet, but I keep hearing rumors flying around that Nasomi will be drastically reducing the viability of fishing as a gil earner. I didn't watch the stream and don't know any details but as someone who focused on fishing as my main source of gil, I'm pretty worried. Does anyone have any info on the potential changes that will happen or are these just nasty rumors? (please be the case!). Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:06 pm 

The rumors are wrong. Probably a result of a negative string of the telephone game.

Unless you're botting, the fishing changes won't affect you.

No, it isn't fatigue.

Same goes for the "RNG nerf" rumor. No, RNG is not getting nerfed. Nas is just bad with expressing what he meant when he said "see if you still want that bow on Monday". I expect most RNGs to like the changes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:19 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
The rumors are wrong. Probably a result of a negative string of the telephone game.

No, it isn't fatigue.

phew, thanks Nab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:38 pm 

Nabutso wrote:

No, it isn't fatigue.

Same goes for the "RNG nerf" rumor. No, RNG is not getting nerfed. Nas is just bad with expressing what he meant when he said "see if you still want that bow on Monday". I expect most RNGs to like the changes.

Tell us moar about the RNGs who might not like these changes? >.>
/fish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:44 pm 

Nabutso wrote:

No, it isn't fatigue.

phew oofta... yikes. that was close

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:49 pm 

yeah right when I hit 72rng omw to 75 and I hit fishing 82 lol I trust Nasomi has the best intentions in mind and will always make updates that help improve the game. I don't know where all these people who think that just because something was "nerfed" that it means that it is somehow ruining the game or hurting you. If something is too powerful then it's basically "hax" and needs to be fixed, such as BST jug pets.

Yes, I am a 72 bst as well, and I had joined expecting there to still be a level 99 aht urghan and was really happy when Nas announced the Treasures Road Map. I was disappointed by the fact that aht urghan was basically just for a broken BST and everyone would just 5/5 beast affinity for everywhere else. BST is *NOT* DRG. BST is probably the coolest job in the game, and I am happy that Nasomi shares my beliefs about how FFXI really should be, which is about teamwork, planning, skill, and perseverance.

If you want to just have everything broken and everything handed to you, go play retail or another private server. There's no other game as difficult(i.e. rewarding) as FFXI was before WotG.

Trust me. You don't want DNC and SCH. You don't want Trusts. You don't want instant teleports. If you really want to know why, download the DSP server on github and run it locally, making yourself a GM. Having that much power changes the game entirely, making it basically not worth playing unless you're someone like Nasomi who has built an extremely well-balanced server with a strong community.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:59 pm 

Nabutso wrote:

Can you confirm or deny if it's the distance change on Ranged Atk/Ranged Acc that retail had around toau?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm 

mercenary480 wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

Can you confirm or deny if it's the distance change on Ranged Atk/Ranged Acc that retail had around toau?

Nab, what do you know about the changes? This is what I assume it would be.

Kind of stinks to sink that much gil into a job expecting to be a top tier dps for parties when you can just spend a tenth of the gil and roll a melee if it hurts it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:14 pm 

You'll see what the changes are on monday, they aren't bad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 pm 

Spagett wrote:
I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread pop up yet, but I keep hearing rumors flying around that Nasomi will be drastically reducing the viability of fishing as a gil earner. I didn't watch the stream and don't know any details but as someone who focused on fishing as my main source of gil, I'm pretty worried. Does anyone have any info on the potential changes that will happen or are these just nasty rumors? (please be the case!). Thanks

Wait, so instead of actually watching the video, you come onto the forums scared because of what people said was in the video?

I'm confused.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop