Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:28 am 

Both my main and my alt are allowed to leveling fishing, but they are not allowed to be fishing at the same time, correct?

I'm sure this has been answered, but I was just about to start leveling fishing on my alt and someone has me questioning whether or not this is permitted.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:10 am 

yes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 pm 

My honest question to you is.... why would you go through the fishing leveling process on two characters only being able to use 1 at a time? That seems horribly inefficient. You will benefit more from dedicating a character more towards content and the other to auxiliary tasks such as healing/support/PLing, mining, fishing, crafting, getting ToDs/claims, etc.etc... You're progress much faster and more efficiently that way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:08 pm 

mello wrote:
My honest question to you is.... why would you go through the fishing leveling process on two characters only being able to use 1 at a time? That seems horribly inefficient. You will benefit more from dedicating a character more towards content and the other to auxiliary tasks such as healing/support/PLing, mining, fishing, crafting, getting ToDs/claims, etc.etc... You're progress much faster and more efficiently that way.

I have a number of reasons. First of which is that I just have an affection for my main and I've already put quite a bit of work into her: SAM51/NIN40/WHM30/WAR25/BLM19/THF17, owns Peacock Amulet, LB1 complete, Rank 6, deep into CoP missions, etc.

Seeing as how it will probably only take a couple of weeks to lvl fishing to 96, and that I already have the cash I need to grind out SAM to 75, I don't think I would be out of commission very long doing so in the grand scheme of things. Plus, if I decide to focus on my alt at any point in the future I can just alternate if I choose.

When I first started fishing I was confined to an old 2011 work laptop and dual-boxing wasn't really an option. So, at the time I didn't really consider starting fishing on my alt. Since then, I've bought myself a new computer and can dual box without issues.

Edit: Also, Thanks Seliox for the answer!