Lobby: Up
Online: 46
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:22 pm 

locodoco wrote:
Is this a good place to mention that rhinochimera are easier to catch with a composite rod than a lu shangs/ebisu?
There's no line snapping mechanic on nasomi, which would have prevented the composite rod from being viable.

They're not easier to catch (looking at you Ahtapot), it just means you can catch them without risk before getting a lu shangs or ebisu.

Anyone who knows how fishing works should be aware that line snapping isn't working here (maybe it'll be added in the next maintenance?). Even with that knowledge you still have to trek all the way out to the reef. I'm always alone when I'm out there, which means most people would rather just fish black soles...

Twitch
Siren Roll Call~!
Siren Server Community FB Group - Formerly known as sirenffxi.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:11 pm 

Murdocksiren wrote:
locodoco wrote:
Is this a good place to mention that rhinochimera are easier to catch with a composite rod than a lu shangs/ebisu?
There's no line snapping mechanic on nasomi, which would have prevented the composite rod from being viable.

They're not easier to catch (looking at you Ahtapot), it just means you can catch them without risk before getting a lu shangs or ebisu.

You catch an extra fish with a lu shangs as opposed to a composite rod (5 vs 4 different fish).
I'm 10k gp short of an ebisu, so I haven't tried out yet but I assume it's the same.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm 

locodoco wrote:
Murdocksiren wrote:
locodoco wrote:

You catch an extra fish with a lu shangs as opposed to a composite rod (5 vs 4 different fish).
I'm 10k gp short of an ebisu, so I haven't tried out yet but I assume it's the same.

Ahh Istakoz...didn't even notice, and yeah it is the same.

Twitch
Siren Roll Call~!
Siren Server Community FB Group - Formerly known as sirenffxi.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:16 pm 

Just to be clearer, you'll catch istakoz, mercanbaligi, ahtapot, and rhinochimera with a composite rod.
With a lu/ebisu you'll additionally catch another fish (that's slipping my mind at the moment). I'm not sure if it's a Istiridye or a different fish that's not supposed to be in the area. I remember getting it and saying "screw this" and going back to the composite rod.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:07 pm 

Can add this to your data if you want, I'll be doing 10 hours in Sauro and Qufim.

Attachments:
fish1.JPG
fish1.JPG [ 49.42 KiB | Viewed 3604 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:35 am 

I don't have my excel sheets anymore, but I've spent a lot of time fishing black sole and keeping score of gil per hour. Who knows why, but someone took it upon themselves to delete that part (and some other tips) off of my guide ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My numbers were always 40k - 55k per hour, usually hanging out in the lower end. Your gil goes up a bit if you luck out with item rng, but I ain't that lucky.

I never hit those crazy numbers, but I think the 70k myth came from back in the day when people with lu/ebisu just lived in Nashmau before the nerf and deletion of the npc that was right on the dock. They could rake in the more expensive fish, quicker, and dump them immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 pm 

So i was looking up the Inside the Belly quest and none of the fish mentioned seem, to have elemental ore as a possible reward. The only one i see is Turnabaligi which wasn't mentioned. Was elemental ore added to additional fish on this server or something?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 pm 

HappyWappy wrote:
So i was looking up the Inside the Belly quest and none of the fish mentioned seem, to have elemental ore as a possible reward. The only one i see is Turnabaligi which wasn't mentioned. Was elemental ore added to additional fish on this server or something?

Turnabaligi is the only one, we were talking about making off money off the quest in general, not specifically elemental ore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:21 pm 

Oh, ok thanks. Misunderstood.