Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:06 am 

Tonight i am in a party as a 53 BLM with Enfeebling magic skill 83 and no matter how much i cast i get no skill ups. i get skill gain in dark and elemental np, its only enfeebling. anyone having these issues?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:22 am 

Go to a mob where you would get skillups on that you can tank easily and spam dia.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:40 am 

Black Mage has a C+ rating in enfeebling magic, so you would need to find what level you would have typically have 83 enfeebling at and cast Dia on something close to that level.

This chart helps a lot when finding that information out, so just posting it for reference: in your case, you would need to fight something higher than level 29.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... bat_Skills

From my experience I don't normally get skill-ups on resists, so it's best to stick to casting spells like Dia. Also, if things are too much higher than your skill level, you seem to just not get skill-ups at all for whatever reason, even with spells that don't allegedly resist like Dia.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:41 am 

You could go to King Ranperres Tomb basement, and skill on the worms there. Sub WHM or RDM and do elemental seal silence, then you should have a couple mins to spam dia in absolute safety. You should be able to cap doing that in an hour or so. Those worms are about the same level as you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 am 

im in a party synced to my lvl killing IT+ and no skill ups. just not getting any no matter how much i cast or what i cast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:06 am 

Bodey wrote:
Black Mage has a C+ rating in enfeebling magic, so you would need to find what level you would have typically have 83 enfeebling at and cast Dia on something close to that level.

This chart helps a lot when finding that information out, so just posting it for reference: in your case, you would need to fight something higher than level 29.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... bat_Skills

From my experience I don't normally get skill-ups on resists, so it's best to stick to casting spells like Dia. Also, if things are too much higher than your skill level, you seem to just not get skill-ups at all for whatever reason, even with spells that don't allegedly resist like Dia.

that could be it my skill is in the 80's and saying it should be like 160 for me so may need to go back and kill lower lvl mobs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:53 am 

Just make sure you dont cast bio on the mob, dia cant overwrite bio and will not land on the mob - no skill ups.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:09 pm 

Find something you can skill up on, sleep it. Bind, blind, paralyze, slow, gravity and all those other fun spells that don't wake the mob up. Rinse/repeat as needed until skill ups cease, then kill it and move on to something higher level.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 am 

I use the Devil Manta fishing hole, (I-6; Map4), in Kuftal Tunnel for skilling up anything with range on it. If you stay in the water, the two scorpions nearby cannot reach you, and you can spam stuff in relative safety to your heart's content. Occasionally, it will sneak in a TP move, so keep Blink and Stoneskin up, along with Reraise. Do not attack the worms. You need sneak and invisible to get here safely.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:56 am 

XooZQ wrote:
I use the Devil Manta fishing hole, (I-6; Map4), in Kuftal Tunnel for skilling up anything with range on it. If you stay in the water, the two scorpions nearby cannot reach you, and you can spam stuff in relative safety to your heart's content. Occasionally, it will sneak in a TP move, so keep Blink and Stoneskin up, along with Reraise. Do not attack the worms. You need sneak and invisible to get here safely.

Isn't that exploiting pathing?