Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:57 pm 

Hey all! I am a brand new player completely to FFXI. I am trying to set up my laptop to play and I try using the Nasomi config but when I get in I am only seeing like 65% of what should be on the screen, everything else that I should be seeing is off screen and/or cut off.

My resolution is 1366 X 768 and when I use the pencil to set the config and accept it I launch the game and it is like the game is laughing at me and resetting the resolution back to what it wants. This is really dumb, hehe.

Oh yeah, I have way over the specs needed to play here and I run Windows 10.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:33 pm 

mooglish wrote:
Hey all! I am a brand new player completely to FFXI. I am trying to set up my laptop to play and I try using the Nasomi config but when I get in I am only seeing like 65% of what should be on the screen, everything else that I should be seeing is off screen and/or cut off.

My resolution is 1366 X 768 and when I use the pencil to set the config and accept it I launch the game and it is like the game is laughing at me and resetting the resolution back to what it wants. This is really dumb, hehe.

Oh yeah, I have way over the specs needed to play here and I run Windows 10.

I was having this problem, too. I had to do multiple steps.

1.) Go into FFXIConfig and set your proper resolutions there. Make sure you change all of them, including the menus. (Otherwise your mouse won't work.) If you can't find it it's probably "C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS\FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe" or something similar. Make sure you are using the US one.

2.) Go into Final Fantasy XI\Ashita\Config\Boot. There should be a few XML documents here. It should look like this.

Choose one of the existing ones set up for other resolutions and right click, and open as. Open it with Notepad. You'll see the base code. Simply change that code to whatever your resolution is within the "window_x" and "window_y" brackets. For example, my resolution is 1440x900, so mine looks like this:

Save the file and make sure that when you open your game through Ashita, you're using the XML that you edited. It should boot up in the proper resolution. The name won't change in Ashita though, I didn't dig deep enough to figure out how to get that to work, so make sure you're paying attention to which one you edited. Maybe somebody here can shed some light on how to do that.

I hope this was helpful! :)

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:48 am 

I've had it happen to me a few times.

Try running it
1280x720
-1 -1
1280x720
1280x720

I run a 16:10 monitor and dual-box accounts using:
800x600
-1 -1
800x600
800x600

I've found that forcing the ratios makes it run much smoother. Of course this computer is a corporate Dell re-purposed so it's not brilliant but gets the job done. Leaving Startup at -1 -1 keeps the buttons and mouse aligned. Also, once FFXI is started BEFORE you go to your character there is a Config menu item there. Make sure that's set to 16:9 as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:42 am 

Is this why the names above everyone are huge? I did

1920x1080
-1 -1
2500 2500
1920x1080

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:35 am 

Honestly, I can't say. My video capabilities are limited on this business class Dell so I haven't tried to upscale anything by increasing the background. Really the easy thing to do there is just alter it and see what that does. Let us know in thread what happens(anyone else who does know is welcome to chime in of course).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:17 pm 

Hey! Thanks for this. I know I'm adding to it a little late, however...

I selected 1920x1080 in the Ashita application and I was unable to see my chat text box area to enter my chat, and the top was a little off.

When I opened my xml for 1920 x 1080 it was actually set at

<setting name="window_x">1920</setting>
<setting name="window_y">1200</setting>

Simply change the 1200 back to 1080. This fixes it. Also, you can change your background also.

If you want to rename your code for the application to reflect another setting, should just have to change this line:

<setting name="config_name">Nasomi 1920x1080</setting>

Hope this helps someone out there!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm 

Gweivyth wrote:
(a really helpful resolution fix)

I hope this was helpful! :)

yes. yes it was.

half-sorry for the necropost, but I just want to give a shoutout to this fix and bump it back up to page 1. got the game running perfectly on my laptop
thank you so much