Lobby: Up
Online: 41
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:22 pm 

Hello there,

I'd love to have some support with two issues I'm currently having with the game.

1st off, this one happens when I log off (say to go & have dinner) and want to try to log back in after that. I've not, and never, been able to re log properly without restarting my computer completely. I will also add that this is only happening since I had to delete & re install everything to play on Nasomi so I'm guessing I did something wrong the 2nd times around, but I can't figure out what. I've double, or triple, checked everything in the "Ashita" settings as well as everything that came to my mind. Find, below, a picture of the problem. The window instantly closes after displaying the message, btw.

2nd off, a problem regarding FFXI itself. Whenever I log off (and back on, say the next day), everything (or nearly) is set back to default, from what I can tell. This includes (which is the part that annoys me the most) chat filter & language filter. On top of that, chat filter also set back to default whenever I join / leave a party, or change zones. Even though it's no big deal (aka I can just set it back to what I like), it's quite frustrating when you have to do it multiple times on the same day.

Anyway, if anyone got solutions / hints on how to fix either or of those issues, please, lemme know <3

Last edited by TheSNES on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:13 pm 

TheSNES wrote:
Hello there,

I'd love to have some support with two issues I'm currently having with the game.

1st off, this one happens when I log off (say to go & have dinner) and want to try to log back in after that. I've not, and never, been able to re log properly without restarting my computer completely. I will also add that this is only happening since I had to delete & re install everything to play on Nasomi so I'm guessing I did something wrong the 2nd times around, but I can't figure out what. I've double, or triple, checked everything in the "Ashita" settings as well as everything that came to my mind. Find, below, a picture of the problem. The window instantly closes after displaying the message, btw.

2nd off, a problem regarding FFXI itself. Whenever I log off (and back on, say the next day), everything (or nearly) is set back to default, from what I can tell. This includes (which is the part that annoys me the most) chat filter & language filter. On top of that, chat filter also set back to default whenever I join / leave a party, or change zones. Even though it's no big deal (aka I can just set it back to what I like), it's quite frustrating when you have to do it multiple times on the same day.

Anyway, if anyone got solutions / hints on how to fix either or of those issues, please, lemme know <3

The first problem maybe a firewall problem and/or something that is not allowing to reconnect it properly. You should ask Nas about that part in IRC chat.

The second problem is for everyone. On here, everything resets back to default, unless you delete certain files.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:14 pm 

Try taking out the hairpin hack in Ashita, remove the -hairpin part, you don't need that. Chat filter/language filter resets since it is tied to PlayOnline(I think), like the Friends list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:40 pm 

I shall add that I can't seem to log in a 2nd account, due to this problem as well. The exact same message is being displayed, about Lua API, as well as another message stating "Failed to bind to listening socket."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:10 pm 

So, for everyone who has / will have the same issue as me...

The problem came from the fact I had put the "Ashita" folder inside my POL folder, POL folder which is a "read only" and, thus, doesn't handle well the executable I was trying to run, aka Ashita.
So if you have the problem stated a few posts above, try & move Ashita into another part of your computer to see if it fixes it.

Anyway, thanks to kiritoo for the solution & Nas' for the explanation behind "why it works there, and why it doesn't work there" :3 /cheer