Lobby: Up
Online: 51
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Playonline Viewer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:36 am 

After following the Instructions from the notepad, i copied all the files from the update folder into the Final Fantasy XI folder, and ran PlayOnline, after a small update and restart that took like 3 minutes something deviated from the instructions, instead of seeing Existing members i was greeting with two options: Start playonline registration or For Play online members, so i asssumed the instructions were outdated, so i went ahead and clicked For Play online Members put in the ABCD and what not, it said it was invalid, so after some fustration i skipped over to Registration but it walled me off and said i needed an Square enix account, so i googled my issue found said Forum post: viewtopic.php?t=302 and i assume "ah let me just copy and paste the update again" and i ran into the same issue, is the update files out of date or is there some sort of issue or workaround? many thanks

EDIT: forgot to mention after the first update and launch it attempts to check for updates then immediately completes and requires a restart

Post subject: Re: Playonline Viewer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:42 am 

try popping in to the irc chat at www.nasomi.net you will probably get a faster response there from someone that can help you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:39 pm 

For Play online members - is the correct choice. However the Playonline ID seem to want numbers in it, which is why the guide says ABCD1234.

I set my Playonline ID to 123456. For member name you can set whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:03 pm 

Jei wrote:
For Play online members - is the correct choice. However the Playonline ID seem to want numbers in it, which is why the guide says ABCD1234.

I set my Playonline ID to 123456. For member name you can set whatever.

Thanks for the help but i fixed the problem by uninstalling everything redownloading the torrent reinstalling everything(painful)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:40 pm 

The POL ID used to be required to be 4 upper case letters and 4 numbers, that's what all ID formats are. It wouldn't even accept them in another format. You don't need member name or password, you can leave them blank.