Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Retail/Nasomi swap files
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:50 pm 

Hi,

are the links for the files for retail/nasomi swap down?
https://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title ... asomi_swap

I'm unable to download either and can't find them hosted anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:15 am 

I actually had this same problem last week, not retail, but I was just wanting to check out a different private server as well since I'm not quite dug in here just yet. When I installed the files for the other private server I found myself with a big headache in that Nasomi no longer worked and there was limited useful information in fixing it.

I also found the same links were didn't work, wasted a lot of time trying to get going again, but finally came to a system to change between the two. I'm pretty sure it will work with retail as well.

Anyways, it came to a registry key change and some dlls that had to be registered. I just made a batch file that I can use to quickly do this if needed (although I'm sticking with Nasomi for now.)

To switch from retail to Nasomi you'll need the following commands, changing the paths as appropriate to wherever you have Nasomi installed.

Code:
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 0001 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 0002 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\TetraMaster" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 1000 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer" /f
regsvr32 /u /s "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
regsvr32 /u /s "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"
regsvr32 /s "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
regsvr32 /s "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"

The reverse is pretty much the same, but changing the paths to wherever retail is installed.

Some of this may be unnecessary or redundant (I'm not sure the DLLs need to actually be unregistered first, or if the registry key and values matter to both Nasomi and Retail) but after finally getting it to simply work, I didn't want to waste more time further tweaking it. If you are routinely playing both, you can probably make a batch file that does the appropriate command before launching Ashita or POL.

I hope this helps!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:23 pm 

Thanks so much!

I know this is a lot to ask but would you mind putting a step by step instruction to play Nasomi and Eden?

Im using a mac but Boot to switch it to PC
Please!

In game name:
Hanky
Taru BLM & COR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:14 pm 

Thanks a lot! I was impatient and just ended up reinstalling, but I'll save it for next time and I guess it will help other people, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:07 pm 

Hadis wrote:
Thanks so much!

I know this is a lot to ask but would you mind putting a step by step instruction to play Nasomi and Eden?

Im using a mac but Boot to switch it to PC
Please!

I thought about putting a guide up, but I felt like it might be seen as encouraging players to try the "competition". :lol:

It is pretty simple really, it is just something that needs to be done every time very time you make the switch (play on Eden or retail after playing on Nasomi, or vice-versa).

I made myself and successfully tested a .bat that does the appropriate commands and then launches the appropriate Ashita.

This would be for Nasomi after playing on Eden:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 0001 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 0002 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\TetraMaster" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 1000 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer" /f
regsvr32 /u /s "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
regsvr32 /u /s "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"
regsvr32 /s "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
regsvr32 /s "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"
CD /D E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\Ashita
start Ashita.exe --noupdate
exit

and this is for the reverse:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 0001 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 0002 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\TetraMaster" /f
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder /v 1000 /t REG_SZ /d "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer" /f
regsvr32 /u /s "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
regsvr32 /u /s "E:\Games\NasomiXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"
regsvr32 /s "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll"
regsvr32 /s "E:\Games\EdenFFXI\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll"
CD /D E:\Games\EdenFFXI\Ashita
start Ashita.exe
exit

Other than changing the paths to be appropriate for wherever the games are installed, this should work. It really is overkill since doing this every time the game is launched shouldn't be necessary though unless someone is actively switching back and forth between the two...and let's face it, just one instance of FFXI is waaaaaay more than enough of a time sink. It can be helpful at least for those who are just curious to try Nasomi, Eden, or Retail though.

Another thing to note: I'm pretty sure playing on both simultaneously from the same PC is not possible. I think it would be if there weren't differences in the game files (in which case none of this nonsense would be necessary anyways), but if changing the DLLs mid game didn't crash it, I'm sure UAC would. I wouldn't recommend trying to get both working at the same time since for at least one of the servers, Retail, Eden, or Nasomi, it would involve using game files that were not part of their installation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:31 pm 

I have both files DL'd from Nas, if anyone is interested hmu in disc Haduk #8774

Best PLD BRD BLM DNC SCH on Nasomi 8-)

Voted Nasomi Player of the Millennium :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:08 am 

I was wondering why I couldn't launch into any other servers after installing Nasomi. Quick question before I delve into unfamiliar territory of swapping reg keys and such: can I use nasomis launcher or do I need a second instance of ashita/windower?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:11 pm 

palli220 wrote:
I was wondering why I couldn't launch into any other servers after installing Nasomi. Quick question before I delve into unfamiliar territory of swapping reg keys and such: can I use nasomis launcher or do I need a second instance of ashita/windower?

From what i understand, u use Nas launcher for Nas only.

Best PLD BRD BLM DNC SCH on Nasomi 8-)

Voted Nasomi Player of the Millennium :ugeek: