Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 pm 

Quest Name: A Greeting Cardian

Quest Location/Giver: Windurst Woods (H-9) - Kororo

Bug Summary: After advancing the prior quest in the chain, "The All-New C-2000", I zoned out of Windurst Woods and returned to initiate this quest. The quest advanced as normal (a random Cardian was chosen from the spares in the room with Kororo and I gave them their new greeting (the third option was selected, but it wasn't supposed to have any impact on the quest) after zoning out and waiting a minute in real time as per the FFXI wiki's instructions, I returned to advance the quest to its next stage. However, Kororo refused to give me the proper dialogue to advance (and complete) the quest. I went to the Buburimu outpost and talked to Five of Spades there, just in case the quest had already advanced without the dialogue, but that didn't advance it either. After both methods failed, I waited an hour and tried again on both ends, but the quest refused to advance. Now, a full twenty-four hours later I tried both one last time and can indeed confirm the quest is bugged.

(Wasn't sure what the actual procedure for a broken content report was, since there's no Bug Report subforum or anything, so I figured I'd put it here.)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:28 pm 

I just completed this quest on this server in the past month, so it should work. I would try talking to Kororo multiple times (3-4 times) just to make sure he gives the correct dialog (I'm sure you're aware of that bug). If he still doesn't give the correct dialog then maybe you inadvertently bugged the quest by choosing the 3rd option? I know it doesn't make a difference on retail, but little things like that could make a difference here. If all else fails report it in naschat and hope Nas sees it.

The final quest in this chain "Can Cardians Cry?" is bugged and is unable to be completed, so even if you get through this one, you'll have that to look forward to later.

Twitch
Siren Roll Call~!
Siren Server Community FB Group - Formerly known as sirenffxi.com

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:53 pm 

I only really want the Scentless armlets, so the final quest being bugged doesn't bother me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:06 pm 

Hello, I also have tried to complete this quest and about the same thing happened to me. Kororo isn't completing the quest for me. I started the quest properly, talked to the Cardian One, then logged out and back in and spoke to Kororo, but I don't think he ever gave me the next step of the quest. I zoned in and out several times, and the same thing. I talked to Five of Spades in Buburimu Peninsula, and then back to Kororo, but I am only getting the normal conversation from Kororo, nothing about the quest. My quest log still shows the quest as active. Anyone else find a way out of this? I waiting overnight and still seems to be stuck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 am 

thrydwolf wrote:
Hello, I also have tried to complete this quest and about the same thing happened to me. Kororo isn't completing the quest for me. I started the quest properly, talked to the Cardian One, then logged out and back in and spoke to Kororo, but I don't think he ever gave me the next step of the quest. I zoned in and out several times, and the same thing. I talked to Five of Spades in Buburimu Peninsula, and then back to Kororo, but I am only getting the normal conversation from Kororo, nothing about the quest. My quest log still shows the quest as active. Anyone else find a way out of this? I waiting overnight and still seems to be stuck.

Well, on a whim I tried talking to them again today while I was in Windy for my DRK AF Weapon. Lo and Behold, Kororo decided to give the right response! Best I can say is wait a day or two, then poke them again to see if it works that time. No word on Five of Spades working properly afterward, since I bought a pair of the armlets off the auction house out of desperation and it's not exactly a rush anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:41 am 

http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... t_progress

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 am 

Nabutso wrote:
http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Config:troubleshooting#Waited_x_amount_of_time_but_quest_didn.27t_progress

Except the original wiki didn't say anything about proper timers and even waiting for a 24 hour and JP midnight reset didn't work. So something's still screwy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:39 pm 

RaiNnero wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Config:troubleshooting#Waited_x_amount_of_time_but_quest_didn.27t_progress

Except the original wiki didn't say anything about proper timers and even waiting for a 24 hour and JP midnight reset didn't work. So something's still screwy.

Given that some people managed to complete it later by waiting, I'm sure it's screwey, but related.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:08 pm 

Can confirm that 2 years later this bug still exists.

I started the quest last night, gave the 1st option, and as of yet the NPC still hasn't given me the correct dialogue. I even went out to the outpost and talked to the cardian (who has my greeting) and came back but nothing happened.

Conquest update is tomorrow morning. I'll try again after that and see if it works.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:08 pm 

Alright, checked it again today and it advanced properly.

Which means it may wait for conquest update, rather than a game day rollover or JP midnight.