Lobby: Up
Online: 80
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:01 pm 

OK so after looking round I found no fix for this problem of you controller not working or partially working and I DID find a FIX/Correction that worked for me on two of my PC/Laptops that had this exact same issue (my problem was the controller partially working) OK so with that said here we GO.

1) Disconnect all controller
2) open "Device Manager".
3) go to "View" and tick "Show Hidden Devices"
4) go to the section "Xbox 360 Peripherals" and delete ALL controllers.
5) reconnect in your controller, system will reload drives.
6) go to FFXI controller configuration and set profile you should be working now.

Thank you and Enjoy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 am 

I'm having some trouble with my controller here. Basically I took a break about a month ago due to work and just recently moved my computer to a new room in my house.

After the move, ffxi controller config will not recognize any controller I plug into my computer, the vibration tests work and cause the controllers to vibrate but no other buttons return any results.

I have done the following so far:

- Reinstalled peripheral drivers
- Restarted computer after re-installation of drivers
- Full reinstall of FF11 for the Nasomi server
- Run all programs in admin mode
- Tried all variations of options within the config file
- Using ToolsUS location

The controllers work perfectly fine for every single other controller supported game I have tried but will simply not work with FF11 now for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 am 

Try using Alternate setup E, and change nothing else after you do. Save your setup and then try playing ffxi with your controller.

If you attempt this suggestion, let me know if it helped you or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 pm 

I disabled the controller, saved it, opened it, changed to default, saved it, opened again and changed to setup E and this time it seems to be working.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:15 pm 

Charbs wrote:
I disabled the controller, saved it, opened it, changed to default, saved it, opened again and changed to setup E and this time it seems to be working.

A word of advice to start - if you're configuring a new controller using the FFXIpadconfig tool, be certain to run that program as administrator to ensure your changes are saved.

*IMPORTANT* If you are setting up a Xbox One S wireless bluetooth controller, be certain to connect the controller to your computer by using a usb cord -before- you connect via bluetooth. The order in which the corded/wireless drivers are installed apparently makes the difference between a awesome controller and a useless hunk of plastic. If you've already set it up via bluetooth and notice incompatibility with FFXI after following the guide here, you will need to uninstall drivers through your device manager for Xbox Gaming Device and Xbox Wireless Controller, then start over by using a usb cord to connect first.

I highly recommend that anyone who attempts to configure a gamepad with FFXIPadConfig program to begin by using the "Default Setup A" (Playstation, other brand) OR "Alternate Setup E" (Xbox) configuration. You may change any of the buttons to your liking after you select the setting, but DO NOT open the drop down selection window for the last three options (Operate menus with movement controls / Operate camera with movement controls / Toggle movement, menu, and/or camera controls). I have noticed that this causes the configuration to not function properly/at all in-game. I've also noticed that the buttons on the Microsoft gamepad settings don't always match the names of the same buttons in the FFXIPadConfig tool. If you press the gamepad buttons themselves after opening the drop down menus in the ffxipadconfig tool, you won't accidentally choose the wrong button.

You will then have to assign your directional / camera / movement controls with the menu on the right (the "confirm" button on your controller might not be be A or X at this point). Be sure to have xInput enabled for Xbox controllers (as having it off may cause your directional pads and/or triggers to stop functioning).

Each setup is designed for controllers with different features - such as having more buttons or directional pads than other controllers. "Default Setup A" would be the default configuration for standard playstation2/3/4 dualshock, offbrand similar controllers, etc. "Alternate Setup E" is for use with xInput compatible controllers (all xbox controllers). Regardless, be careful to follow the above instructions while setting it up to your liking.

Last edited by Sinclair on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:49 pm 

I know this is a old thread but just in case the issue hasnt been fixed. I used this process but instead of going into the "FFXiGamepad Config, (which wasnt changing in game settings for some reason) I went into Final Fantasy XI Config and clicked Gamepad Settings. I am aware that this brings you to basically the same location to change buttons... but it does work! As long as my settings in there are the way i want them, I can change settings in FFXiGamepad Config and it changes nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:00 pm 

FFXIGamepad Config needs to be launched as admin to apply changes.

It is likely that the config you were launching that launching FFXIGamepad Config was being launched as admin, and FFXIGamepad Config was inheriting that.