Lobby: Up
Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:10 pm 

Hello,

I have tried logging in several times over the course of the day, and have always been stuck in San dOria. Importantly, I am able to move between North and South San dOria, but can not exit the city into the field. I can see other players in the area and interact with them. My connection shows green on Send/Receive.

The exact message I get when trying to exit San dOria from any of its associated exit gates is:

You must wait longer to perform that action.
You could not enter the next area.

Looking up this issue online, I have tried the following suggestions without success:

1. Change DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
2. Command Prompt: netsh winsock reset , ipconfig /flushdns , ipconfig /release , and ipconfig /renew
3. Forward ports in Router ( TCP: 25, 80, 110, 443, 3074, 50000-65535, UDP: 80, 50000-65535 )
4. Reinstall Game
5. Update Ashita launcher to the beta version.
6. Reset Config Settings to default
7. Attempt to run game both with and without a VPN.
8. Delete USR folder in FFXI install directory.
9. Utilize the Unstuck Maintenance option under Nasomi's account management. (This sent me to my Moog house, and I could get back into San dOria, but still could not exit the city.)
10. Give explicit access to boot.exe in my Firewall's Advanced Configuration for Incoming and Outbound connections.
11. Use the /shutdown command while logged into my character.

Nothing I have done has made any change of my circumstances. I can log in and navigate San dOria, but can not exit.

Things to note:

I had this game installed on my laptop prior, during which I was able to navigate just fine. Upon returning home, I then did a fresh install of the game on my Desktop computer, after which point these issues started occurring. My laptop always uses a VPN, and had no issues connecting.

While logged in on my desktop, I had been going to the Smithing Guild in San dOria to get a tutorial on crystal synthesis. I spoke to the guild master, got invited to the guild, and was told to speak to apprentices for assistance. After speaking to a couple people, my character got stuck trying to speak with one NPC. I could not input anything to my character and was effectively stuck. I had to therefore hard crash the game via Task Manager to escape the trap - I do not know if this potentially corrupted my save.

Any help you can offer would be most appreciated.

Last edited by HypnoToadTrance on Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:21 pm 

Ping nas on naschat and include ur char name.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:55 am 

disposablehero wrote:
Ping nas on naschat and include ur char name.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'd gone to the support channel #help on the IRC chat, and reported the issue I posted here.

Kang kindly looked into the issue and it would seem to now be resolved, as I just logged in and found I was able to Zone without issue.

Thanks for the quick help!