* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:11 am 

Hello,

Character: Saiga
Quest: A Boy's Dream
Bugged NPC: Zaldon

I heard that a player obtained the Paladin af feet now that the quest is working so i decided to give it a try. I haven't played in a while so i started the quest where i left off, the fishing portion.

Previously, before i took a break from the game i had completed every portion of the quest "A Boy's Dream" up until the point where you have to fish up an NM. At the time fishing didn't work so i tried every so often to see if it was fixed. Today i learned a fishing fix has been implemented and decided to try my luck. Lo and behold i caught Odontotyrannus. I took the fish back to Ailbeche in Northern San d'Oria as the quest line says. After trading the fish to the boy he told me to seek out some great fisherman in Selbina to have it cleaned.

Still following the quest line i made my way to Selbina to trade the fish to Zaldon. Upon doing so i receive no response from the NPC and no Key Item. I even checked my Key Items to be sure.

I went back to Sandy multiple times to be sure that i had completed all steps and i had. I have tried speaking with the father again who just tells me that he is going to take his boy fishing and Ailbeche just keeps telling me to take the fish to Zaldon. Please help.

Will gladly redo the quest if it can be reset.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:04 pm 

I did not see any mention of this in the post; but before going to Zaldon, you must also trade the Giant Shell Bug to Ailbeche for another cutscene. If this has been completed as well, then I think Nasomi will need to check your character's quest status.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:34 pm 

Hey Erina, thanks for posting this. I did trade the shell bug to Ailbeche before i went to fish up Odontotyrannus for the cutscene. However since it has been awhile i did try to trade the bug to him again which does nothing. When i trade Ailbeche the Odontotyrannus he just tells me to take it to the fisherman in Selbina shown in the screenshots.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:36 pm 

Since all of this i have tried throwing away the Odontotyrannus and tried fishing up a new one. Now i'm having trouble getting Odontotyrannus and it may be because the quest is bugged for me :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:38 pm 

Nasomi, can you please pull Saiga's quest state so I can cross-reference the issue in the event workflow.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:15 pm 

any updates?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:53 pm 

Same thing happening for me. Except I didn't trade the bug to Ailbeche before fishing up the NM. I was going by the ffxiclopedia page (which was a mistake I guess), that said you could trade the bug after you fished up NM. Once I returned to sandy, I tried trading bug, and the npcs says nothing. I've tried talking to dad again, talking to kid, trading the fish to Zaldon in Selbina, nothing happens with any of them.

Thought maybe it was the bug I was trying to trade (which i received from a friend who'd already done quest). So I went to CN, fought dreadbug, and obtained another Shell Bug to trade to Ailbeche, which he also didn't accept.

Would very much like a resolution to this. Am I supposed to drop fish, and try and redo everything? Or is that futile and quest is truly stuck? Help help help plz!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 pm 

Ok so i finally got the solution with some help from Nas. Zaldon will not take the trade if you have the quest Under the Sea active. You must finish this quest first before Zaldon will take the odontotyrannus.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:13 pm 

I don't have that quest active lol. I think it has something to do with fishing up the NM before getting CS by trading bug to the kid, which you seem to have done. Even though I tried trading him the bug before i traded him the fish. I'll try and do that quest, and maybe he'll let me turn in and get KI after.

Did you actually get KI after completing Under the Sea?

EDIT: flagged and completed "Under the Sea" just to see if that was it. Zaldan still not accepting fish, Ailbeche still not accepting bug. FML.

EDIT: EDIT: Finally figured this shit out! ><! After seeing you mention dropping your fish and still having no luck progressing the quest, I was super afraid to do so, for fear of not being able to fish up another one. But I figured, w/e, if I cant trade it in, it's no good to me anyway, so I tossed it, and immediately after, the little bastard Ailbeche accepted the shell bug. I'm off now to Oztroja to try and fish up another NM.

TO ALL: YE BE WARNED! DO NOT GO BY FFXIWIKI, YOU CANT TURN IN SHELL BUG AFTER YOU FISH UP NM, HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE! D: