Lobby: Up
Online: 62
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 pm 

Just finished the bard quest and got to the last song runes at the dunes on secret beach..... clicked it and it freezed. Was able to hit space bar and escape out of it... and no BARD as available job. Even zoned and re-logged and went inside my MH and changed jobs.... nothing.

I've checked my completed quests, and A Minstrel in Despair is completed.

Help Nasomi!

Stevie

Last edited by skip029 on Mon May 02, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:31 pm 

Bump - Did you get a reply on this Stevie?

Was working on the BRD quest last night before servers went down and was hoping to have it completed tonight

Edit - Stevie, did you talk to Talk to Bki Tbujhja in Lower Jeuno again. She mentions another set of Song Runes in Valkurm Dunes according to ffxi encylopedia - I got dc'd just as I was heading to Valkurm but it seems like you have to trigger this before you can carry on

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:10 pm 

Yep, as the screenshot shows above, I completed the quest. But job not available still. I've PM'd Nasomi and told him ingame a few times already this past weekend but I think he's got his hands full with fishing atm. So I just sit and wait til BRD comes to me and I'll level another job.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:16 pm 

skip029 wrote:
Yep, as the screenshot shows above, I completed the quest. But job not available still. I've PM'd Nasomi and told him ingame a few times already this past weekend but I think he's got his hands full with fishing atm. So I just sit and wait til BRD comes to me and I'll level another job.

Stevie - according to FFXI encyclo

This quest is hidden, and does not appear in your quest log until completed. - the quest is actually called "The Path of the Bard" - the one you have completed in your log is "A Minstrel in Despair"

This is the walk through for after you complete "A Minstrel in Despair"

You should have already completed The Old Monument & A Minstrel in Despair
Talk to Bki Tbujhja in Lower Jeuno again. She mentions another set of Song Runes in Valkurm Dunes.
Head to the secret beach at the far west of Valkurm Dunes (C-6). On the hidden beach, head southeast to the bottom right of (B-7).
Click on the Song Rune for another cutscene to complete the quest.
(A little tip: On this one, do not buy a parchment for the runes; that's only for the quest before this one. After the cutscene for the Valkurm Dunes runes, you have completed the quest).

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:02 pm 

yes, I already went to the dunes to finish it... it freezed and I got no cut scene.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:22 pm 

Boo .____. - I guess Brd is on the back burner... I'll try later tonight when I am off work to complete this

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:43 pm 

So decided, wth, and went back to jeuno and talked to Bki Tbujhja and Mertaire. Bki told me the same thing as the other day about going to the Dunes beach and Mertaire said nothing. So I went back to the runes at the dunes and clicked on them again and THIS TIME, got the CUTSCENE and now I can be a BARD. weird...