Lobby: Up
Online: 63
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Gil adjustment?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:39 am 

This has been an issue for 2 years, the people that are most responsible are most likely either already banned or have quit long ago. But the gil they spent remained in circulation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:04 am 

rori wrote:
Seems more likely people will just hold on to their stock while everyone rushes to giddeus and the other beastmen strongholds to farm raw gil again. Consumables will still move because their prices are dictated by NPC prices more than anything. Maybe a few benevolent folks will lower their prices but it feels to me like the people who exploited these gil fountains are likely the same ones who provide the high-end crafted materials.

Nas hasn't made any mention anyways of actually punishing the people directly responsible.

Pretty sure people have been banned for it, but not recently.

I went to farm Oztroja to try to recover some of the million+ gil I lost, and I ran into more competition than I've ever seen on this server. Many of them being old players who a) I'm pretty sure already have the items I was camping and b) I've never seen camp NMs before. I wonder why they suddenly need to make money farming :lol:

Reading over Oddin's thread kinda put Nas's decision into perspective for me. I was livid at first, logging in to find that I had lost so much money, but it really seems like he thought long and hard and made a judgement call that he felt would do the least damage. Kinda funny how Oddin doesn't get that he has the same effective gil that he had before. What was he even doing with it all?

Sly wrote:
This has been an issue for 2 years, the people that are most responsible are most likely either already banned or have quit long ago. But the gil they spent remained in circulation.

I can say with almost 100% certainty (this is info I got from people who would know, and whom I trust) that a good deal of the people responsible for duping/exploiting are still playing on the server, and many of them are in the same endgame LS.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:58 pm 

Varg wrote:
rori wrote:
Seems more likely people will just hold on to their stock while everyone rushes to giddeus and the other beastmen strongholds to farm raw gil again. Consumables will still move because their prices are dictated by NPC prices more than anything. Maybe a few benevolent folks will lower their prices but it feels to me like the people who exploited these gil fountains are likely the same ones who provide the high-end crafted materials.

Nas hasn't made any mention anyways of actually punishing the people directly responsible.

Pretty sure people have been banned for it, but not recently.

I went to farm Oztroja to try to recover some of the million+ gil I lost, and I ran into more competition than I've ever seen on this server. Many of them being old players who a) I'm pretty sure already have the items I was camping and b) I've never seen camp NMs before. I wonder why they suddenly need to make money farming :lol:

Reading over Oddin's thread kinda put Nas's decision into perspective for me. I was livid at first, logging in to find that I had lost so much money, but it really seems like he thought long and hard and made a judgement call that he felt would do the least damage. Kinda funny how Oddin doesn't get that he has the same effective gil that he had before. What was he even doing with it all?

Apparently you don't get it and I don't appreciate you patronizing me. This isn't about who has more gil. This is about the fact that I lost way more than what was considered fair by Nasomi. Not only did I lose all the gil from my dealings of recent history but I lost half of my savings before any of this even started happening. I was up to 24M or so before I took a small break from the server to sort some stuff out. I came back with that money and started growing on it for the purpose of trying to upgrade a second relic. Now after this "equal" gil reduction, I'm out a year's worth of work on top of another 12M. And before you come back and say that I can amass it again, no, I can't. Not that easily. The market is now diluted with the items I've sold. My craft, Goldsmithing, does not have repeat customers after a certain point and actually fosters competition from my customers as they resell the items after they're done with them. So not only am I out the gil and the items but now my potential worth has gone down.

I lost 35M+ due to shitty people and bad calls. You can sit there and tell me that I don't get it or to stop being a baby because I'm still rich but that only proves that you don't get it. This isn't about who has the most gil or what gil is worth. This is about the fact that after everything I've done, I'm now worse off than when I restarted about a year ago without actually doing anything wrong.

And as for your comment in the other thread, no I won't be back. Ever. I've already uninstalled the files and deleted everything. I won't be doing 2 days worth of downloading and updating again just to be hecked over by a few bad apples in this community. This is me walking off into the sunset.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:56 pm 

Varg wrote:

If they are actively doing dynamis, its currently still 50k to enter so if they had a million gil before the wipe, and after they have 250k that dynamis run is a good chunk of their money now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:56 am 

The problem with the gil adjustment is really the 'gil floor' mostly hurts crafters, which in turn hurts the entire economy.

This isnt a stab at Nas' decision, it wasnt easy to make. But if i can NPC Ram horns for 600g, and they went for 2k before the adjustment, they would now be worth 500g on AH, making it so they would all be NPC'd.

Maybe 75% wasnt the best amount, not sure what would be, but let's hope Nas' new gil tracker will prevent this again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 am 

Some items were already priced reasonably. Stuff was certainly way cheaper than it was when I took a break last summer. People expecting everything to drop 75% are being a bit silly. Hauby, Snipers Rings, SH, Dusk Gloves, AM Mantles +1, etc are all much cheaper than they were when I left. I'm not sure what items were so crazy priced but a lot of stuff was already super low and there is no way it's going to drop 75%.

A lot of items were already being sold barely above NPC prices. People must have just been sitting on gil because it certainly wasn't widespread enough to be causing inflated costs.