Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gil adjustment?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:32 pm 

I see the post by Nasomi about a gil adjustment but it doesn't say what was changed. Was anything changed besides adding the gil tracker for Nasomi?

As a new player, I have been struggling to earn gil. I have 2 characters at lv19 with lv10 subjob but have barely been able to afford anything. Just getting an updated weapon and spells is nearly out of reach.

I see the prices on AH for staple items and wonder where the heck people are getting enough gil. As everyone knows gil drops and quest rewards don't scale very well. I don't expect to be decked out in HQ items on my first job, but it also shouldn't cost every last dime I have to buy Blizzard for my BLM and a NQ sword for RDM.

This isn't meant to be a whiner post, but rather a discussion about what can be done to alleviate the problem. Nasomi was spot on when he said the inflation caused by the few dupers really hurt new players.

Post subject: Re: Gil adjustment?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

People got enough gil because early on and up until recently, people were dumping truckloads of exploited gil into the economy. This kept prices high and made it more difficult for anyone starting out to get close to being able to afford things on the auction house.

Since gil was exploited, then dumped into the player economy, there was no clear cut way to remove only the exploited gil, as it was steadily circulated from player to player via AH purchases, bazaar purchases, or private transactions. Players would hide large amounts of gil among mules, to avoid calling attention to themselves.

The exploited gil ended up in nearly everyone's hands. After a month of hard deliberation on how to solve the issue, a global 75% reduction across the board was decided on. This means everyone has effectively the same gil, so that even though people did not take advantage of exploits, but still received exploited gil, would still have the same gil compared to other players. The effective gil when compared to others has remained the same.

It will take some time for the AH to adjust, as players set the prices. I'm initiating a mass return from the AH shortly, which will allow players to replace items on the AH for more suitable costs. If players want the items to sell, they'll have to set the prices accordingly. This will result in lower priced materials on the AH.

I see great potential for this topic to get out of hand. So long as it remains civil, I'll leave it open, however if it gets unpleasant, I will close it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:12 pm 

Thanks Nas. I didn't see the part about the 75% in your announcement post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:59 pm 

Make sure you are checking vendors too as many weapons and spells are available cheaper than on the AH. People like to take advantage of the "lazy tax" and price scrolls above what they cost via vendor. I believe many early spells are available on Nasboat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:24 pm 

Yes I bought almost everything from NPCs. It's almost always cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:18 am 

Nasomi,

When you do the mass AH return, is there anyway you can add a nomad moogle (even if just temporarily) to Nasboat? That way we can take items out and put them directly back on the AH without having to run between them for hours?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:07 pm 

rori wrote:
Nasomi,

When you do the mass AH return, is there anyway you can add a nomad moogle (even if just temporarily) to Nasboat? That way we can take items out and put them directly back on the AH without having to run between them for hours?

As an option, you can make a new account. Then pull stuff down and trade/temp store items via new toon. After all done with that, and you zoned back into the zone, (I suggest kingdoms to save a fee), you can trade items back over and sell away.

[12-03-2016 EDIT: This is not longer needed as it appears that Nas returned to sender a large amount of items up on AH from before the adjustment. ]

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

Last edited by Petz on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:31 pm 

I'd like to see nas mandate AH prices at 75% of what they were. So far, the rich folks are either keeping prices the same, or lowering them only slightly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:21 pm 

Varg wrote:
I'd like to see nas mandate AH prices at 75% of what they were. So far, the rich folks are either keeping prices the same, or lowering them only slightly.

I see your point, but don't agree that it's on Nasomi to do anything more.

This is just my opinion, so feel free to disregard the following if you (the person reading, not the OP directly) do not agree.

AH is player driven and should remain that way. Otherwise why have it at all?

We can mandate the prices get cut by doing our part. Sell stuff for 75% less, don't buy anything that is marked up. If you (the reader) pay more, that is your (the reader) call and you (the reader) are basically saying I agree this price is the right rice and I support the seller for setting said price.

Where the AH is lacking is with the mindset folks have. Sellers want top dollars, but want low prices when they are the buyers. Makes sense but then you (the reader) really cannot/should not be upset at the fact that everyone else is doing the same thing. If you (the reader) are upset then well... yeah. :? We can all do our part in being fair with our pricing, and having reasonable expectations. I never understood why someone would get mad at someone else for undercutting them. I do however understand that the frustration folks may have if the market bottoms out and mats cost more than the cost of break even for that craft. Though, that's when the crafter can look into farming as an option, otherwise it's going to be a pain just like it was on retail. Silk road anyone?

Don't like the AH or want to have more say in who will benefit from your time/effort spent?

Find someone that is crafting to support and sell to them directly. Might walk away from this with an offer for crafting without tips for life. You (the reader) can also feel better knowing that the money went to someone that you (the reader) are OK with.

Our alternatives are - go camp the mob that dropped it, get the materials and find a craftier to help. Start with your (the reader) LS and see if they are willing to help. Offer a trade. Sure you (the reader) can't see the sellers on AH, but there is a forum where you can post your needs and the price you (the reader) see if fitting.

If you (the reader) are someone that cannot be bothered or doesn't have the time (running to a party who waiting on you) to wait, then that is a problem. One that all of us have faced at one time or another for sure. If the price is too high, what about checking the CP guards for your kingdom? They have anything you (the reader) can buy for the conquest points? Free items in a pinch and you (the reader) can make some gil when you sell it on AH.

Anyways, this is just how I see things working out moving forward.

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:15 am 

Seems more likely people will just hold on to their stock while everyone rushes to giddeus and the other beastmen strongholds to farm raw gil again. Consumables will still move because their prices are dictated by NPC prices more than anything. Maybe a few benevolent folks will lower their prices but it feels to me like the people who exploited these gil fountains are likely the same ones who provide the high-end crafted materials.

Nas hasn't made any mention anyways of actually punishing the people directly responsible.