Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:07 pm 

http://nasomi.com/instruction.php

Why all the walking?

Also, seeing how i got about 8 hours left until the "repair" finishes up:
- if you're going to make a torrent package, why not make one already 'repaired'?
- also, my pc will unconditionally shut down in about 4 hours. Do i have to start the 'repair' all over again the next time i boot up or will it continue from where it left off?

Edit: your naschat has flash policy problem? I don't know what that is, just thought you should know.

thanks

12770 files to be repaired. I'm thinking that's normal, but thought i should ask anyway; maybe i did something wrong..
http://i.imgur.com/lK1ftYk.png

Last edit: The installer got stuck downloading a file and raised the time to 10 hours. Stopped it and tried again, same thing happened the second time on a different file. That was an hour ago and i left it like that until now, but only the time left changed to 12 hours.

The whole installation process feels like a waste of time to me having already spent 6-7 hours on it and not even finishing half the list.
Though it's not a loss at all to you, if the installation process isn't made easier, i won't be coming back to try again. It's too stressful a trial.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:28 am 

Not sure what you mean by "walking"?

A-Because we still use the SquarEnix files that are live. They update, we have to update too as they like to mess with the ID tags on lots of stuff frequently probably to deter us from doing what we are doing.
B-No. It may take some time checking for the files as it did today, after which it will pick up where it left off. As it downloads, it updates.

You may need to update your Flash or browser.

Yeah, that's normal.

Fresh installs of FFXI have always been...irksome. Since, as stated, we're using the same files as Retail FFXI, there is nothing Nasomi can do to speed that up. At least it's this slow and it's free for you here. Retail has the same exact DL process and problems. And that's paying for it.